FIFTY EIGHT

It was a beautiful morning. Louis was up at his usual time of 7am.

He always woke early, getting a few jobs done before he would get Harry up.

He had already put a load of washing on and done the dishes from last nights dinner.

He went upstairs to clean the bathroom, when he heard crying coming from Harry's bedroom.

He pushed the door open, to see Harry laying in bed, crying his heart out.

"Harry? Come here Precious, it's ok. Shhhh." He hugged him, and rubbed his back, trying to soothe him.

"I...I had a bad d-dream." He sobbed into Louis' shirt.

"Oh no. My poor boy. You want to talk about it?"

Harry sniffed. "I...I was being ch-chased. A man. He...he had an axe." He wiped his nose. "He pushed me and..." he stopped for a few seconds. "...he chopped my legs off!" He wailed.

Louis' heart broke, yet again. He hates that Harry has so many nightmares. A lot of them involve him losing his legs. He wiped his own tears away.

"You're ok darling. It's ok. I'll keep you safe." He said, feeling Harry relax a bit. "Do you want to come downstairs now?"

Harry nodded.

Louis helped him out of bed, took him to use the toilet, and headed downstairs.

Harry sat on the sofa, while Louis went to make them both breakfast.

They sat together, eating and talking about the cartoon they were watching.

"Would you like to go out today as it's such a lovely day?" Louis asked.

Harry smiled. "Yes please. Can we go to the park please?"

"Of course we can
That sounds like a great idea. How about we go after lunch?" Harry nodded.

*****

The ate sandwiches for lunch, then Louis got Harry ready. He made sure he had everything they needed,  and put Harry in his chair.

"Let's go." Louis said, happily. Harry giggled. He was so excited to go the park as he hadn't been for so long.

It took them about ten minutes to get there.

There were just a few people there, with young pre school kids.

Louis parked Harry's chair and asked him where he wanted to go first.

"Um...slide please." He said, clapping his hands together.

Louis picked him up and carried him to the small slide. They climbed to the top, Louis sat Harry on his lap, and they went down, Harry whooping as they went.

Louis loved hearing Harry having fun.

*****

They did the same every day, straight after lunch.

Harry was sat in one on the toddler swings, Louis pushing him. Harry was squealing with laughter.

There was a group of teenagers sitting on a bench on the other side of the park. Louis kept looking over at them, as he heard them laughing.

"Hey Harry.  Shall we go home now love?" Louis asked, as he stopped pushing the swing.

"Aww no Daddy...stay bit longer please?" He whined.

Louis noticed some of the kids walking over to them.

"Oh my God...what is he, like 3 or something?" One of the boys asked, laughing.

"Must be, he's in a baby swing!" Another added.

"He called him Daddy too!"

They were all laughing.

Louis ignored them, and started pulling a now crying Harry out of the swing.

"Fuck!!! Oh my God guys! He don't have legs! Shit! What happened? You get them eaten by a shark?" Another boy said.

"Or maybe he got them blown off by lightning!"

They were all laughing too much and Louis could feel his anger brewing.

He managed to get Harry settled securely in his chair  before turning around and heading out of the park  his blood boiling.

Once out of sight, he stopped  and knelt down next to Harry.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry Precious. Don't take any notice of people like that. They're just ignorant and nasty. Are you ok?" He rubbed Harry's arms, feeling him shaking.

Harry shook his head. "Home please." He answered, sadly.

Louis got them both home quickly.

Harry was still crying as Louis got him out of his chair. That's when he noticed Harry was soaking wet.

"S-sorry D-Daddyyyy." He cried.

"Shh...it's ok baby. Let's get you in the bath eh?"

Harry cuddled against Louis as they went up to the bathroom.

Harry was stripped, and sat on the floor as Louis ran a bath full of bubbles.

Harry was very quiet during his bath time. He usually loved it, splashing and playing with his toys, but he was too tired and upset.

Louis could see that Harry just wanted out, so he got him out, dried him, put him in clean clothes and went downstairs.

They cuddled up together, both feeling upset and tired. They fell asleep with Harry sucking his thumb, and Louis' arms around him. Safe.

So...after thinking about it, I'm gonna carry on for a bit longer. Had a few more ideas for this story.

Thoughts?
All the love 💖💖💖