TWENTY FIVE

Hi

That weekend had been rough.

Nobody wanted to do anything, so they just sat on the sofa watching films.

Harry was particularly sad and extremely clingy.

Louis hardly had a minute to himself. He didn't mind, he wanted to be close to his children.

Monday morning came around quickly.

Louis got the kids up, dressed and fed. Harry had no intention of going to school though.

"Baby, you need to go to school. Mabel will be upset if you don't go." Louis said as he wiped the tears from Harry's face.

Harry shook his head, and threw his arms around Louis'  neck, knocking him backwards.

"Hey! Come on love." He said, as he picked himself and Harry up off the floor.

"Don't  g-go Daddy!" He cried.

Louis' heart sank. Harry was thinking that Louis was going to leave him too.

Louis hugged him tightly. "I'm  going nowhere. Just taking you to school, and I'll pick you up later. Don't worry."

Harry sniffed. "Promise?"

Louis held his little finger out. "Pinky promise." Harry linked his little finger with Louis'.

*****

Once at school and Louis had finally got Harry to let go of him, Harry went to his classroom.

He sat next to Mabel who was her usual happy self.

She kept chatting, but he wasn't listening. All he could think of was his Mummy,  her long dark hair, her pretty brown eyes, her smile. Then he thought about his Daddy. His short messy hair, big blue eyes and his laugh.

Tears formed in his eyes, as he buried his head in his folded arms on the table and sobbed.

Mabel looked at him, and her smile disappeared.

"Harry...why you crying?" She asked softly.

He didnt answer, just cried.

Mabel wasn't sure what to do. She sat for a while thinking.

Mr Capaldi was going around the class, checking on the pupils, when he spotted Mabel looking concerned, and Harry with his head down.

He walked over to them and crouched down beside Harry.

"Harry...are you ok?" He asked quietly.

Harry was still crying. He didn't answer.

"Mabel...what's wrong?"

"He..he just started crying Mr Capaldi. I didn't do anything I promise."

"I'm sure you didn't. Don't  worry." He replied, smiling.

"Harry...do you want to come with me?" He asked. Harry lifted his head and nodded.

His face was soaked with tears, red and sad.

Mr Capaldi took them to the quiet corner and they sat down next to each other.

"Can you tell me what's wrong Harry?"

Harry wiped his nose on his sleeve, and coughed a little.

"I...I'm  s-scared." He whispered.

"Scared? Of what?"

"My Mummy gone. Don't want D-Daddy go too." He cried.

"Mummy's gone?"

Harry nodded, wiping his nose again. Mr Capaldi leaned back and picked up a box of tissues putting it on the table in front of them, then handing one to Harry.

"Sh-she don't love us." Harry was near on hysterical now.

"I'm sure that's not true Harry. I'm sure your Daddy won't leave you too."

"I...I want Daddy." He whispered.

"Shall we see if we can call him?" Mr Capaldi asked.

Harry nodded as Mr Capaldi got his phone out. He had Louis' number in his phone in case of an emergency.

After three rings, Louis answered.

"Mr Capaldi? Is Harry alright?" He panicked.

"Hello Louis.  Sorry to disturb you. Harry's crying. He's upset about his Mum. He's worried that you're  leaving too. Could you talk to him?"

"Oh god. My poor baby. Yes...yes I'll talk to him."

Mr Capaldi handed the phone to Harry,  his hands were shaking so much, he nearly dropped it.

"D-Daddy." He whispered.

"Hey my precious baby. Mr Capaldi tells me you're crying. Don't cry my love."

Harry sniffed. "Can I go home? I want you." He asked sadly. Louis felt like his heart was breaking again.

"Love, you need to stay in school. You need to learn things. Daddy will see you soon."

Harry burst into tears again. He was really struggling today.

"Shh..shh..don't cry please. Maybe I can come and see you for ten minutes at lunchtime? How does that sound?"

"Really?" Harry wiped his nose on a tissue. Mr Capaldi nodded,  as he could hear Louis on the phone too.

"Yes. I'll  be there at twelve o'clock on the dot!"

Harry smiled a little. "Bye Daddy." He handed the phone back to Mr Capaldi.

"You sure it's ok that I come in?" Louis asked.

"Positive. I'll let the front office know. Thank you Louis.  I didn't  know what else to do. "

"Its fine. I'm glad you called. I'll see you soon."

Harry went back to his table, feeling slightly better,  but still sad. Mabel hugged him, which made him smile.

*****

Twelve o'clock on the dot, Louis walked into the classroom.

It was fifteen minutes until lunch break.

Harry looked up from his table, seeing Louis,  he ran over to him and jumped up into his arms.

"Hey baby. Are you feeling better now?" He rubbed Harry's back.

Harry tucked his head under Louis' neck and snuggled up.

Mr Capaldi told them to sit in the quiet corner.

Harry sat on Louis' lap.

"Daddy doesn't like you crying. I'm not leaving you. I'd never do that."

Harry nodded. He ended up falling asleep as Louis was rocking him to calm him down.

"Oh. He must've been tired." Mr Capaldi said to Louis as he had come to check on them.

Louis looked down seeing his son fast asleep.

"Oh...I'm sorry. He had a bad weekend. He didnt sleep much. I need to get back to work. I've only just started, don't wanna get sacked straight away. " Louis laughed.

"Don't wake him. Just put him on the sofa, I'll keep an eye on him." Mr Capaldi said. Louis nodded as he carefully stood up and put Harry down.

"Thank for calling me. Let me know if there's any more problems." Louis said as he shook Mr Capaldis' hand.

"Thanks for coming in. See you soon Louis."

Louis left.

Harry slept. When he woke he was sad his Daddy had gone.

But he was given the biggest hug ever when Louis picked him up at 3 o'clock.