ELEVEN

"That's it Harry....come on, you can do it!" Louis encouraged.

"Come on love... that's it!" Louis clapped his hands and held his arms open wide as Harry took another tentative step into his Daddy's loving arms.

"You did it!" He cried, lifting Harry up off of the floor and twirling around.

"Oh god Lou! He's done it. He's taken his first proper steps." Ari laughed, tears welling up as she wrapped her arms around both of them.

Harry giggled as he was hugged. He loved hugs so much. The family were very huggable.

"Niall and Gemma will be sad they missed that!" Louis said. "Just as well you recorded it."

"Speaking of which...I better go get them from school. Could you make a start on dinner love?" Ari asked as she went to fetch her car keys.

"Course. I'll make a casserole." He went to put Harry in his high chair in the kitchen. "See you soon."

"Bye love, bye Harry, you clever little boy." She kissed Harry's curls and left.

"Right, young man, are you gonna help Daddy with dinner?" He asked, Harry giggled and banged his tiny hands on the high chair table.

"Daddy....dink!" Harry said.

"Sure love. Let's get you some squash."

Harry was 3 years old now. He could speak, but not that well. His speech was definitely not as it should be for his age. He should've learned to walk a long time ago too.

Harry supped on his squash as Louis got to work.

He chopped up some chicken, putting it into the multi cooker.

"Right...carrots."

"Ca-ots!" Harry repeated, kind of.

"That's it. Would you like some Harry?"

Harry nodded as Louis put a few tiny bits on his table.

Ha ate them happily as Louis chopped some more. More vegetables and stock was added.

He switched the machine on and prepared potatoes for mash.

Louis took Harry out of the high chair into the living room to wait for the others to come home.

"What shall we do precious?" Louis asked him.

Harry pointed. "Stor-wy Daddy!"

Louis picked up a book on the coffee table.

"Okie dokie. Goldie locks and the three bears." Louis started, as Harry climbed onto his lap, thumb in mouth, head resting on Louis' chest.

*****

Half an hour later, Ari walked in with the other kids.

"Daddy! Daddy! Is it true? Did Harry walk on his own? Did he?" Niall ran in and jumped on the sofa.

Louis laughed. "Yes Niall, he did. Isn't that great?"

"Yeah! Harry... you're really clever!" Niall giggled as he patted Harry's back. "Can he do it again?"

"Not now love, maybe later. It's nearly dinner time." Louis said. Niall frowned.

"Ok Daddy."

Louis and Ari went into the kitchen to start dishing up the food, leaving the kids on the living room carpet playing with Lego.

"I need a wee." Gemma said, getting up and running upstairs.

Niall took this as an opportunity.

Standing up, he pulled Harry up onto his unsteady feet, placing his hands on the sofa.

Niall went to the other side of the room and held his hands out.

"Harry...walk to me!" He said quietly so his parents didn't hear him.

Harry smiled, bouncing up and down.

"Quick Harry!"

Harry let go of the sofa and took a step towards his brother.

Niall laughed as Harry started toddling towards him.

"Wow! You really can walk. Well done!"

But...

Harry suddenly lost his balance and toppled forwards, hitting his head on the corner of the coffee table.

He let out an heart wrenching scream as he fell to the floor.

"What the hell?" Louis shouted from the kitchen, both him and Ari ran in.

"Harry! What happened?"

"Niall?"

Louis picked Harry up, still screaming and saw blood pouring from a head wound.

"Shit! Niall tell us what did he do!"

Niall was crying, Ari trying to calm him down.

Gemma had heard the commotion and ran downstairs.

"What's wrong? Is he hurt? Gemma asked, worriedly.

"He needs stitches. Phone Bebe quickly, hope she's home."

*****

Ten minutes later, Bebe was watching the kids while Ari drove Harry and Louis to hospital.

Harry was still crying in his car seat as Louis held a cloth to his head, trying to calm him down.

"It's ok precious. Please don't cry. You'll feel better soon." Louis said, anxiously.

Ari parked the car, and they rushed Harry into A&E.

They were shown, fairly quickly, into a cubical, where a doctor checked his injury.

"It's quite a deep cut. Will need stitches. We'll sedate him, it can be traumatic from a young child. I'll get a nurse to do it soon. Other than that, keep an eye out. If he's sick or drowsy a lot, bring him straight back in."

They thanked the doctor.

A nurse came by a short while later. Harry was extremely flustered, so he was sedated, while his head was stitched.

*****

An hour later, they were back home, tucking the kids into bed.

"I'm sorry. I j-just wanted t-to see him walk." Niall sobbed in Ari's arms.

"It's ok love, don't cry. It wasn't your fault. Just make sure we're with you when you want him to do it, ok?"

Niall nodded as Ari kissed him.

"Goodnight love."

"Night Mummy."

"Is he gonna be ok Mummy?" Gemma asked, as she took her turn to be tucked in.

"I think so darling. Don't worry. You get to sleep now. Goodnight." Ari kissed Gemma, who smiled and closed her eyes.

Louis tucked Harry into his bed, the boy was already asleep, but Louis hadn't wanted to put him to bed, wanting to make sure he was ok.

"Goodnight precious. Love you. Sweet dreams." He said, kissing Harry's sore head.

Harry smiled in his sleep.

It was the best way to end an exhausting day.

Hope this was ok.

All the love 💞💞💞