SIXTY SIX

"Dad...this is Roman." Gemma introduced her boyfriend. They both shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Mr Tomlinson." Roman said politely.

"Call me Louis please. You make me sound like an old man." Louis laughed. "Come in. Make yourself at home. Tea, coffee?"

"Oh coffee would be great thank you." Gemma and Roman took their coats off and Louis hung them up.

"Harry's in the living room. Be warned...he's a bit excited."

Gemma took Roman into the room, seeing Harry sitting up straight, a big smile on his face.

"GEMMAAAAAAA!" he yelled. "And Gemma's boyfriend! Hello I'm Harry!"

"Hello my favourite brother. You ok love?" She asked giving him a big hug. They'd missed each other so much. "This is Roman."

Roman held his hand out to shake Harry's, but Harry jumped up and wrapped his arms around him, making Roman laugh.

"Hi Harry.  You like hugs then?" He smiled at Gemma.

"Yeah. You're very tall. But everyone is tall when I don't have my legs on." He said, letting Roman go.

Gemma had explained to Roman about his legs and his other disabilities.

"Roman is a funny name. Are you Romanish?" He asked.

Roman and Gemma sat down. "Nah...I'm from London." He smirked.

"Have you kissed Gem yet? What's it like?"

Roman looked at Gemma, who grinned back at him. "Err yes, we've kissed. It's very nice."

"Are you getting married soon? Oooh...have a baby too. I want to be an uncle   so I can have someone to play wiv."

Gemma blushed. "Harry, we've only just met. Give us time love."

"Is he pestering you two?" Louis asked as he bought a tray full of drinks in, placing them on the table.

"No. He's just being Harry. " Gemma replied, handing Roman his coffee, taking her own too.

"Roman? Do you have hair near your willy?" Harry asked out of nowhere.

Roman nearly choked on his drink, sputtering and coughing. Gemma patted his back, trying not to laugh. Louis looked shocked.

"Harry! Don't ask questions like that. I told you before." Louis said.

"I just wanted to know. Cos he looks older than me, and I have hair down there. Do you want to see?"

Roman didn't know where to look, so he just stared at Gemma for help.

"Harry! That's enough. Stop it now or I'll send you to your room."

Harry sunk into the sofa, and drank his juice.

"I'm sorry about that Roman.  He doesn't think about what he says." Louis apologised.

"It's ok. He's alright." Roman said.

"Where are you going on holiday? Don't think you told me Gemma?" Louis asked.

"Oh  just up to York. It looks so nice and we both love all the historic stuff. We're just going for a week. Need a break." She answered, taking Roman's hand in hers.

"Sounds lovely. Take lots of photos won't you?" Gemma nodded.

They chatted for a while before noticing that Harry had fallen asleep.

"Sorry about him. He's very inquisitive. And nosey." Louis laughed.

"It's fine really. Just took me by surprise." Roman replied,  smiling.

"Gemma told me he had brain damage from birth. That's so sad. I'm sorry."

"Yeah. He wasn't breathing when he was born. His brain was starved of oxygen, so..." Louis fought back tears. "It's sad because his life could've been so much better.  He's had so many struggles."

Gemma got up and sat next to him and hugged him. "He's ok though. He's alive. He's happy most of the time. And he has the best Daddy in the world."

That was it. Louis burst into tears. He couldn't help it. "I love you so much Dad. It won't be long til I graduate, then I'll be here to help you. I know it's hard, and I'm gonna help you."

Louis nodded. "Thank you Gemma." Was all he could say through his tears.

*****

Gemma and Roman were on there way to York.

They'd woken Harry up to say goodbye. He didn't want them to go. Wanting to ask more embarrassing questions.

Harry was sad.

"I want Gem and Roman back. " he said sadly.

Louis sat next to Harry and they cuddled.

"You'll see them soon. Do you like Roman then?"

Harry nodded.  "He's very pretty. Did you see his eyes?"

"I did. Very pretty." Louis said. He was glad that they got on well, despite Harry's questions.

"They'll have pretty babies too." Harry added.  " I want babies one day too."

Louis wiped a tear that fell. "That would be nice."

They ended up watching a movie before Louis ordered a pizza for dinner, wanting to treat Harry.

"I love pizza." Harry said, stuffing a whole slice in his mouth.

"Harry. Eat nicely or you'll choke." Louis warned him, shaking his head.

"I love cheese." He added after he swallowed.

Louis laughed. He loved his boy so much.

"Me too."

*****

They finished the pizza and Louis gave Harry a bath.

"I love you Daddy." He said as he soaked in the bubbles.

"I love you too. My Precious boy." Louis smiled. He really did.

*****

Harry was tucked up in his bed, yawning.

"Sleep tight my love. See you in the morning. Not too early though please?"

Harry giggled and hugged his teddy. "Ok. Night night."

Louis kissed his forehead,  turned his light off and left the door ajar.

He went downstairs,  made a mug of tea and sat down. He watched a quiz show before falling asleep on the sofa, too exhausted to make it up the stairs.

Blimey...I wrote this by 10.30am. Whoop.

I'm hungry so gonna have breakfast now.

Hope you're all ok.

All the love 💖💖💖