EIGHTY THREE🎄

Days went by, weeks went by....

It was now Christmas day.

"Good morning love. How are you?" Louis knew it was a stupid question to ask, as, most days now Harry would be feeling rough.

He had a bed in the living room now, specially adapted for his needs. He could no longer control his bladder or bowel, and had to be fed through a tube. He could still talk, but found it difficult and very tiring.

Louis slept on the sofa next to him every night. He never got much sleep, unless one of the family or carers were around to watch Harry.  He was scared he would lose Harry while he himself was asleep and he could never forgive himself for that.

"H-h-happy C-chr-Chris-tm-mas." He whispered.

Louis kissed his forehead.  "Happy Christmas to you too precious." Harry smiled as much as he could.

"We slept in a bit. Its 10 o'clock.  Not done that before eh?" He laughed.

"P-pres-sents." He replied, his face lighting up at the thought.

"Everyone's coming around soon, we're going to open them together. Is that ok?"

"Y-yes." He smiled again.

Harry wasn't stupid. He knows this will be his last Christmas. He wants to spend it with all of his family, but doesn't want to ruin it by feeling ill.

Louis had been told he wasn't to do any of the cooking today. Each family member had their own thing to cook and bring over. He was fine with that.

He undressed Harry on his bed, and gave him a bed bath. Harry liked them, but missed a proper bath. Louis cleaned him, sorted out his waste and dressed him in new pyjamas, he didn't like wearing proper clothes any more.

He brushed his teeth for him and he was ready.

"All done. You look beautiful. " Louis praised.

"You be ok for ten mins while I get dressed?"

"Y-Yes." Harry said. Louis rushed upstairs, had a quick shower and got dressed.

He went back down to Harry, who had fallen asleep.

Louis hated to admit that every time he saw Harry with his eyes closed, he would have to check he was still breathing. His heart would race as he watched for the rise and fall of his chest. And when it did, he would relax and thank god he was still with him.

*****

At noon, the first guests arrived, Gemma and Roman. Louis showed them inside, taking their share of the dinner.

"How is he?" Gemma asked.

"No change. He's asleep. Had a bad night."

Gemma smiled, sadly.

Niall and Jay were the next to arrive. Finally, Perrie.

Harry had woken up in pain.

"It's ok baby. I'm here." Louis stroked Harry's face he cried. "Im gonna give you your meds now ok?" He said gently.

Harry had been given a morphine pump, so when the pain was unbearable, Louis could give him it. Louis administered it and within minutes Harry felt a little better.

"Shh...you're ok now." He whispered, as the rest of the family went into the kitchen.

Harry shook his head slightly. "I...I'm n-not o-ok." he whispered back. "D-dying."

Louis hid his face in his hand, the other holding Harry's.

"D-don't c-cry."

Louis felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Jay.

He didn't know what to say or do right then.

"How about we open these presents now?" Jay asked. Harry smiled. Louis wiped his tears, as everyone came back in the room.

The presents were opened in about an hour.

For Christmas dinner that evening, they all sat in the living room. It was a bit of a squeeze with Gemma, Perrie and Jay on the sofa, Louis, Niall and Roman sat on the floor around the coffee table. They wanted to include Harry as he can't move from his bed now.

Louis fed him through his tube. He can tell he hates it and he's desperate for some proper food though. That breaks his heart even more.

They ate and talked, pulled crackers and told their jokes. Even Harry told one that made them all laugh, or groan.

"Thank you everyone for the dinner. It was lovely." Louis said as he stood up to take the plates away.

"No, sit down Dad. We'll see to this." Niall said, taking his plate, and gathering up the rest with Roman's help.

He really did have the best family ever.

"How's the baby doing Gem?" Jay asked.

Gemma rubbed her growing bump fondly. "Oh everything's great. Can't believe we're five months gone already. Gone so quick."

Harry was listening and looked at Gemma's stomach. He lifted his hand slightly. Jay noticed.

"Gem...I think Harry wants to touch your belly. Is that ok?" Gemma looked at Harry and he smiled.

She got up and sat next to him. "You want to touch? Oh...quick...give me your hand." She picked up his hand and placed it on her tummy.

"Do you feel that? They're saying hello to you." She said, as the baby kicked again.

Harry smiled widely. "H-hello b-b-baby."

The baby kicked again. "Think they love uncle Harry already." Gemma laughed.

Louis sat watching. Trying not to cry. He wasn't sure if Harry would be here to meet his niece or nephew. The baby wasn't due for another four months. He got up and walked out of the room and through the kitchen, ending up in the garden.

It was cold, and he had no coat on. He shivered immediately, as he sat on the bench and broke down.

Niall had followed him outside and sat beside him, putting his arm around his shoulders, as Louis cried.

"Oh Dad. I love you so much. We all do." Niall was crying too.

"I can't do it Ni. I can't watch him fade away. He's gonna miss so much...it's not fair." He sobbed, as he turned and buried his face in Niall's chest.

"I can't live without him."

Jesus...I'm crying again.

Poor Harry.  Poor Louis.

Thoughts?

Sorry I'm putting you through this. Few chapters left.

All the love 💖💖💖