SEVENTY NINE 😥

"A brain tumour? No. No it must be something else?" Louis asked the Doctor. "Please."

"I'm sorry Mr Tomlinson.  We're going to take him to theatre soon to do a biopsy to see if it's cancerous."

Louis held Harry's hand and stared at his beautiful face. He was trying not to cry. He nodded at the Doctor. "Can we stay til he goes?"

"Of course. We'll be back in around ten minutes."

The Doctor left. Perrie sat beside Louis and put her head on his shoulder.

"Why him Perrie? Of all the people...why him? It's not fair." A tear fell down his cheek.

"I know Lou. Life is so unfair." She had tears falling too.

When Harry went for the biopsy, Louis called his Mum. He could barely get the words out, Perrie ended up explaining everything. She said she would let Gemma and Niall know too.

An hour later, Harry was back in his room, a section of his lovely chocolate curly hair was missing where they did the biopsy.

"How did it go?" Louis asked Doctor Murs as he followed Harry in.

"We got a good biopsy. We are doing tests now.  I'll let you know when the results are back."

Louis thanked him.

"Harry love. It's Daddy and Perrie.  You're in the hospital, but you mustn't worry. They're looking after you and you'll be home soon. We love you Harry." Louis said.

*****

"The results are back." Doctor Murs said, as he entered the room.

Louis and Perrie sat up and waited with baited breath. Hearts beating ten to the dozen.

"Please. Tell us."

The Doctor sat opposite them. He took a deep breath. "I'm so sorry. It is cancerous."

Louis felt like screaming. This can't be happening.

"It...it can be cured though? Cut it out? Chemo or something?"

"I'm sorry but it's inoperable. It's too big. I don't know how he didn't feel any pain before now."

Louis sobbed at hearing that. Was Harry in pain but said nothing? He hoped not.

"So...so what now?"

"We'll get him on pain medication. There's nothing else we can do. I'm so very sorry."

"Nothing else? Surely there's something?" Perrie asked, shocked at this news.

"There really isn't anything." The Doctor was grim faced.

*****

Louis and Perrie sat in silence for a couple of hours. The only noise was sniffs and sobs as the both cried.

"Daddy?" Harry whispered. "W-why are you crying?"

Louis looked at his son. His dying son, laying helpless and broken in the hospital bed.

"Where a-am I?"

Louis tried to hold it together.

"Hey there Precious." He took a deep breath. " you're not very well. You're in the hospital. You have a poorly head."

Harry nodded slowly. "Ouch. Hurts."

Perrie pressed the call button as Louis kissed Harry's forehead.

"We'll get that sorted." He croaked.

Doctor Murs came back in.

"Hey there Harry.  Let's get you something for that headache yes?"

He administered some liquid into his IV and checked Harry's vitals.

Louis took the doctor aside and whispered.

"I don't know what to do. Do I tell him or...?"

"That's your decision. There are pros and cons about telling him. Maybe talk it over with your family first."

Louis nodded. "When can he go home?"

Louis looked over at Harry, Perrie was keeping him busy while Louis spoke to the doctor.

"He can go home whenever you want to take him. However...as it progresses you may want to think about bringing him back. It can be too much to cope with on your own."

Louis wiped another tear away and thanked the doctor.

He went back to Harry.  "How you feeling?" He asked.

"Fuzzy. Sleepy."

"You have a sleep love, then we can get you home." Harry smiled and closed his eyes.

When he was sure that Harry was asleep, he took Perrie out of the hospital into the gardens and sat on a bench.

Then he fell apart.

Perrie held him. They were both torn in two.

"Oh Louis.  I'm so sorry." Perrie cried. She had grown so attached to Harry like he was her own son.

They sat, holding each other, crying into each others shoulders for a long time. Louis pulled back from her suddenly.

"I need to tell Mum and the kids."

I'm so sorry.

I cried writing this. Poor Harry.

Please don't hate me.

All the love 💖💖💖