FORTY THREE

Harry recovered well.

It was two months later, Easter.  Harry loves Easter,  lots of chocolate eggs, cuddly teddy presents, going to see the bunny rabbits, lambs and tiny chicks at the local farm.

Easter Sunday,  he woke up early and ran downstairs, finding Louis in the living room, watching the news.

"Happy Easter Daddy!" He yelled, making Louis jump.

"Harry love! You scared me! Come give me a hug." Louis opened his arms and Harry ran into them.

He jumped up again quickly, too excited.

"Choccy choccy choccy!"

Louis laughed, at Harry jumping up and down.

"Ok love, calm down." He got up and went to the kitchen followed by Harry.

He pulled down a bag from the kitchen cupboard,  and turned around, seeing Harry's eyes light up.

"Harry, love, did you use the loo before you came down?" Louis noticed Harry was grabbing himself, as he bounced up and down.

Harry shook his head and held his other hand out for the bag.

"No...you need to use the toilet first, you'll have an accident if you don't." Louis warned.

"No Daddy...please choccy." Harry whined.

Louis sighed  putting the bag down,  he took Harry's free hand and walked up to the bathroom quickly. Harry cried.

"Choccy" he whined.

Louis pulled him into the bathroom and stood Harry in front of the toilet, pulling his pj bottoms and boxers down.

"Go!" He said.

Harry cried as he emptied his full bladder. He felt much better after.

"Good boy." Harry pulled his clothes back up and washed his hands, as Louis flushed the loo.

The went back to the kitchen and Harry handed him the bag. 

Harry sat on the floor and opened it. Inside were 1 large smarties egg from Louis,  1 small chocolate buttons egg, from Gemma and 1 small  dairy milk egg from Niall. Harry smiled and pulled them out.

"Uh uh...you can have some after lunch, but you have to make them last." Louis stated, Harry frowned, but smiled again, as his kitten appeared behind him.

"Kitty! Harry giggled, as the cat jumped on his lap.

Harry could never think of a proper name for his kitten, so it stayed as Kitty. Harry liked it.

"Come on...time for breakfast." Louis motioned for Harry to sit at the table which he did, after putting Kitty on the floor. Louis had finally got Harry to realise he can't have the animal at the dinner table.

Harry ate his cereal slowly. He still wasn't a big eater.

"Can I have choccy now?" Harry asked with a cute expression on his face.

"After lunch Harry."

Harry grunted and got down from his chair, picking Kitty up and wandering to the living room. He put Kitty in his bed and laid on the floor beside him.

"Harry...come on, get up." Louis said, after he followed him.

Harry ignored him, just stroked his ginger friend.

"Harry, please." Again, no response.

He sighed and went back to the kitchen.

Minutes later, Gemma and Niall came in and sat down for breakfast.

"Morning Dad...where's Harry?" Gemma asked, pouring milk on her cereal.

"He's having strop in the living room, cos I won't let him have any chocolate til after lunch." He replied.

Niall laughed. "Harry having a strop? Never!"

Gemma smiled, but Louis just frowned. He knew Harry tended to have a tantrum when he didn't get his own way, but he also knows that he cannot ever just give in. He needs to learn.

"Do we get any chocolate Dad?" Niall asked, his eyes begging.

"Of course!" Louis pulled their eggs from the kitchen cupboard. "Here you go..happy Easter!"

"Thanks Dad." Gemma said.

"Thank you Dad." Niall added. "My favourite."

"You're welcome. Not eating any til after lunch though. Same rule applies to you as Harry.

Niall sighed, but nodded.

"Yes Dad." Gemma said.

They finished breakfast, and Louis washed up, while Gemma dried the dishes. Niall went into the living room,  finding Harry still on the floor, Kitty now laying on Harry's chest, purring contentedly.

Niall took a photo and sat down, watching some show about animals.

*****

An hour later, they were all sat in the living room. Harry had just woken up, still angry that it wasn't lunch time yet.

"Can I get some water please Daddy?" Harry asked from his new position the sofa.

Louis went to stand up but Harry stopped him.

"Can I get it please?"

Louis smiled. "Of course love.

Harry got up and went into the kitchen.

He spotted his eggs on the table and smiled.

Daddy wouldn't be too mad if he took one, right?

He grabbed one of the smaller eggs and sat under the table. He ripped the box open, took the egg out of the foil wrapping and bit into it. It tasted so good.

He only intended to have a little bit, but ended up eating all of it.

He had a taste for it now. He wanted more. He got the other small egg and opened it, shoving it into his mouth, before he got caught.

"Harry...you ok?" Louis asked. He was in the kitchen and stopped by the table, noticing the lack of eggs.

"HARRY!"

Harry stuffed the last bit in his mouth, his face and hands covered in chocolate. He stayed still though.

"HARRY TOMLINSON GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!" Harry was scared, he started crying.

Louis heard him and crouched down. "What have you done?" He sighed. "Come on. Out you come!"

"S-sorry Daddy." Harry cried as he crawled out and stood in front of Louis.

Louis took his hand and took him to the sink to wash his hands and face.

"I'm disappointed Harry,  but I'm not going to shout at you. You should have waited. I'm taking your big egg away, you can have it tomorrow.  Ok?" Louis looked into Harry's teary green eyes.

Harry nodded, and sucked his thumb when his face was clean.

They went back into the living room, and watched the lion king. Harry cuddled up to Louis, with his tummy aching.

Oh dear! That'll teach him!

Hello. Anybody here?

I'm sad. I had 29 days until I was seeing Harry,  it's now 364. I'm glad he's postponed though, had to be done. Can't imagine how he must be feeling. Him and his team have done a great job rescheduling and not cancelling.

Anyway...thoughts on the chapter  welcome.

Stay at home. Stay safe. All the love 💖💖💖