EIGHTY FIVE 👶

April....

"That was Gemma. She's on her way to hospital.  The baby is coming." Louis said to Perrie, as she walked in from work.

"Oh that's great. Is she ok? Do you want to go to her? I can watch Harry. "

"Err...no...no it's fine. Obviously Roman is with her. I need to stay here. Ro will keep us updated."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Thanks though."

There was no way Louis was going to leave Harry's side. His health was extremely bad now. Louis feared he didn't have very long left, though he would never admit to it.

He went into the living room. Harry's eyes were closed. His breathing slower than usual.

When Harry turned 18, he signed a do not resuscitate order. If he stopped breathing, he wanted to be left to die. There was no cure, so why prolong the inevitable?

Louis had no opposition to his decision. He was an adult and in so much pain, he would never want to prolong his suffering.

"Harry love...Gemma's having the baby soon." He said quietly, not sure if he could hear him.

"Hmmm." He mumbled. "B-bab-by."

"That's right. You're gonna be an uncle soon." He smiled, though deep down his heart was breaking that Harry would never see the child grow up.

"S-see b-ba-by?"

"As soon as Gemma can go home, they'll be here. Gemma promised. Remember?" Louis' bottom lip wobbled.

Harry went back to sleep. Louis cried.

Later...

"Come on love." Perrie said, motioning for Louis to follow her.

They went into the kitchen and sat at the table. Perrie had made dinner.

They sat and ate, or Perrie did. Louis was too nervous and worried.

"You should eat. You need your strength." Perrie said, moving a hand on top of Louis'.

"Yeah. I know. I just can't stop worrying."

"Try...for me?"

Louis nodded and ended up eating half of the meal.

Louis' phone rang. He looked at the caller ID. It was Roman. His heart missed a beat as he answered the call.

"Ro...what's happening?"

"Louis....the baby is here. Everything is fine. Both are well. Oh God he's so beautiful. Sorry I'm crying." Roman laughed. "She should be discharged in the morning, all being well. We'll come straight over."

"Congratulations both of you. I'm glad you're all ok. What's his name?"

"We haven't got one yet. I need to get back now. " Roman's voice was full of excitement.

"Yeah of course. Give Gemma my love. Bye Ro."

The call ended and he hugged Perrie.

"Congratulations Granddad!" She grinned.

Granddad!

*****

"They're here!" Niall yelled from the living room window.

The family had all gathered at the house waiting the arrival of Gemma, Roman and baby.

Louis opened the door as they stepped inside.

"Oh...he's gorgeous." Louis said as Gemma placed him straight in his arms. Louis looked down at him and immediately fell in love.

They all went into the living room. Everyone cooed over them and the baby.

Gemma took him back and sat on Harry's bed.

"Uncle Harry...Someone's here to see you." Gemma said as Harry opened his eyes. He smiled faintly as he saw his big sister in front of him.

"B-ba-by."

"Yes. Say hello. Harry...meet Harry." She smiled, a tear streaking down her cheeks.

Gemma held the baby close to Harry, so he could see him better.

Gemma took one of Harry's hands and left him stroke the baby's delicate cheek.

"L-lov-ley."

"Thank you. Would you like to hold him?"

He nodded slightly, as much as he could.

Gemma moved Harry's arm over a bit and placed the baby beside him.

Roman took some photos. Everyone was crying.

"S-slee-py."

Gemma took the baby back.

"We should get going. It's a bit much for him I think." Gemma said after everyone had had a hold.

She sat next to Harry again. "I love you so much Harry.  You'll always be my favourite brother. Don't tell Niall though." Harry smirked. She kissed his lips.

She moved away, hiding her tears, as Roman said goodbye. Then Niall.

"Love you bro. You'll never know how much. And you're my favourite brother too." Harry let out a little laugh. Niall kissed his cheek.

"Goodnight darling. See you soon, my little boy. Love you so very much." Jay said, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

*****

Louis had a feeling that night. It was a feeling he didn't want. He knew it was Harry's last night.

Perrie could tell from Louis' body language that he knew. She sat on the sofa. The tv was off. There was silence, except for their breathing.

Louis cuddled up with Harry on his bed, crying softly.

Perrie had told Harry how much she loved him, and she saw him as her son. She had grown to love him so much.

Louis was terrified.

He laid there watching the rise and fall of Harry's chest.

"My Precious baby. You know I love you more than anything else in this world. I hope I didn't make your life too hard. I hope you didn't suffer too much. I wish I could've swapped places with you. I don't want to see you hurt any more. If you want to leave us, please do it. Don't hold on for us. Just remember how much we all adore you. We will never forget how amazing you are. Beautiful. Kind. Funny. I love you so much Harry." Louis sobbed.

He kissed Harry over and over.

"L-love y-you t-t-too..." Harry replied.

His chest rose and fell once more, then it stilled.

Louis watched.

He screamed.

Perrie raced to his side and pulled him to her chest.

He was gone.

Rest in peace Precious.

😭😭😭😭😭