TWENTY EIGHT 😬

"Hi Rita. Can I speak to Ari please? I've been trying to get hold of her but she won't answer." Louis said as Rita looked confused.

"Um...she's not here Louis.  I haven't  seen her for a few days. I assumed she went home." She replied.

Louis was shocked. "No. God, where has she gone? Can you try and call her for me?"

Rita motioned for Louis to come into her house as she picked her phone up off her coffee table.

She got Ari's number up and pressed call.

It rang three times, when Ari answered it.

"Hi babe...everything ok?" She asked.

"Not really. Where are you Ari?"

"I'm in town, doing a bit of shopping. Why?"

"Can I speak to her?" Louis whispered.  Rita nodded and handed the phone to him.

"Ari...can you come home? We need you. Please?"

The line went silent.

"Ari please?"

"I can't Louis.  I'm sorry." She hung up.

Louis looked at the phone, then at Rita.

"I'm sorry Louis." She said, sadly.

"I don't even know where she's living. We want her home."

"I know. I really thought she'd gone home, she said she was."

Louis sighed. "I should go. Harry's not been well."

"Oh no. If you ever need any help with the kids, just ask."

Louis smiled. "Thank you Rita. You're a great friend. I'll see you soon."

Rita showed him out the door.

*****

"Kids...I'm home!" Louis called as he opened the front door. He went inside, kicked his shoes off and hung his coat up.

"Daddy! Niall ran up to him. "Where's  Mummy?" He asked.

"I'm sorry love. I didn't find her." He replied as Gemma appeared.

Niall looked sad. Gemma hugged him."where is she then?" She asked.

"I've no idea. Rita doesn't know either."

Louis thanked Bebe, who went back home, after explaining that Harry had been asleep for the past hour.

"Harry been ok?" He asked Gemma as they all sat in the living room.

"He cried for a bit. He wanted you. I gave him cuddles and he fell asleep." She replied, sadly.

Harry must've heard Louis' voice as he woke up and jumped up onto Louis lap, hugging him like he hadn't seen him for years.

"You ok Precious?"

Harry sniffed and hugged Louis harder.

*****

Louis kept calling Ari. She kept ignoring him.

Until one day,  two weeks after she walked out.

The kids were at school. Louis had a day off. He was busy, his day off was always spent doing the housework. Making meals for the week ahead to freeze.

He was busy cleaning the kitchen when he heard the doorbell ring.

He got up and walked to the door, opening it.

"Hi Louis."

Louis' previous good mood faded fast. Stood at the door was Ari.

"Can I come in? We need to talk." Louis moved out of the way and she walked into the living room.

"I've been wanting to talk to you for weeks, you didn't  want to talk then...so why now?" Louis asked.

Ari sat down. "I'm not coming back. I've found somewhere to live, out of town, with a friend. I'm looking for my own place though.  And when I do...I want Gemma and Niall. "

"WHAT?!" Louis was in shock.

He paced in front of her. "You want the kids...but not Harry?! You walked out with no explanation and ignored them for weeks, now you want to tear them apart?!" He pulled at his hair.

"Don't be so bloody dramatic! They're my kids too!"

"You've hardly acted like a mother recently! Why did you leave us? Give me a reason!"

"I don't love you anymore. And...you take more notice of Harry than me!"

Louis was fuming now.

"You're fucking kidding me? You jealous of a five year old boy! Your own son? He has special needs Ari! Oh my god! You make me sick!"

"I have needs too! So I found it elsewhere!"

"You...you bitch!"

Louis felt like punching something,  but he managed not to.

"You hate me that much?"

Louis sat on a chair and put his head in his hands, crying.

"I don't hate you Louis,  I just....don't love you anymore."

"Thanks." He whispered, tears dripping on to the floor.

"I'm sorry Lou. Let's face it, things haven't been good for a while have they?"

"You mean since Harry was born?"

"Well...I guess so. He's hard work."

"He's our son Ari! He can't help being poorly. You can't forget he exists. He's missed you so much. He cries every day over you. Please don't do this." Louis begged, his heart breaking again.

"I'm sorry Lou. It's for the best. I'll be in touch with a solicitor."

"You can't split them up! It will destroy them, and me! Please Ari!"

Ari stood up and walked to the door. She opened it and turned to Louis,  who was stood behind her.

"I'll see you soon." She said and walked out the door, closing it behind her.

Louis fell to the floor, and screamed.

"DON'T DO THIS TO THEM!"

What a bitch eh?

What will happen next?

Hope everyone is ok.

All the love 💖💖💖