THIRTY FIVE

Niall was the one who found Harry on the bathroom floor. He shouted for his Dad, as his yelling woke a dazed little boy up.

He tried to sit up, but he was weak and dizzy, falling back to the floor, crying softly.

"Harry. Are you alright?" Niall asked, concern in his voice.

Harry sniffed and covered his face, trying to hide from his brother.

"What's up Ni...?" Louis said as he walked in the room, immediately seeing Harry on the floor. He crouched beside him.

"Harry love? What's wrong? What happened Niall?"

Niall was shaking, "I came in to have a wee and he was asleep. He tried to get up, but fell down again."

"Harry..." Louis said as he gently picked his son up, hearing him whimper.

"Let's get you to bed love. Thanks for looking after him Niall." He said, patting the boys blonde hair.

Louis took Harry to his bedroom and laid him on his bed, he laid down beside him, covering them with a blanket.

"Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong. I want to help."

Harry closed his eyes. He was so tired, but also extremely hungry. His stomach growled angrily, making him hug himself.

"You just had dinner, you shouldn't still be hungry. Were you sick Harry?"

Harry panicked. His Dad couldn't know he'd been sick. The boy wouldn't like that. Harry shook his head.

"Is something else bothering you?" He stroked Harry's cheeks.

Harry shook his head again. He was trying desperately not to cry. He didn't want his Daddy to think he was a cry baby.

"Why won't you talk to me love? I wish you would talk more. We miss your beautiful voice. " Louis said sadly. Harry couldn't stop the tears now. He was making his Daddy sad. He didn't want to do that. So he made himself sad instead.

"Hey, no...don't cry darling. I didn't mean to make you cry.  Please talk to me. If you're sad, I want to make you feel better. Please?"

Harry hid his hands in his face as Louis pulled him closer, wrapping his arms around the tiny boy. He could feel that Harry seemed smaller than usual. This sparked a worrying thought in Louis' head.

"I'm making a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I'm so worried about you." Louis whispered as Harry fell asleep with Louis' hand running through his chocolate curls.

*****

The next morning came around at last. Louis had been up and down all night with Harry.  He was very restless, fidgety and kept crying out. This made Louis all the more determined to get him to the doctor.

Once he dropped Gemma and Niall off at their schools, he took Harry to see his doctor.

Dr Azoff was new. Harry was scared when he first met him. Meeting new people always scared him.

"Hello Harry," the doctor said as they all sat down. Harry climbed into Louis' lap, head turned away from the nasty new doc.

"I'm sorry. He's very shy with new people. " Louis explained.

"That's ok. What can I do to help?" He asked.

"I'm worried about Harry.  Last night my other son found himself asleep on the bathroom floor. When he tried to get up he couldn't.  His stomach was growling so bad, but he'd just eaten. And lately, he won't talk to anyone. He seems so sad all the time."