SIXTY TWO

Two days later, Harry was finally feeling better.

Louis had found a physiotherapist at a private hospital. She had very good credentials. She was coming over today to meet them, and go over what they would be doing.

Harry was up and dressed. He didn't know if he was excited or scared about physio.

At 10 o'clock, the doorbell rang. Louis opened the door, feeling slightly nervous.

A beautiful young woman stood on the doorstep. She had long blonde hair and was dressed in a blue uniform dress.

"Mr Tomlinson? Hi. I'm Perrie." She smiled and held out her hand, Louis took it in his own and shook it gently. "Pleased to meet you."

"You too. Please, come in." He said, opening the door wider, so she could go inside.

"Harry's in the living room. This way." He said.

They walking into the room. Harry was sat on the sofa, biting his nails.

"Harry...this is Perrie. She's going to be your physiotherapist.

"Hi Harry.  Nice to meet you." Perrie said, shaking his hand. She was very polite.

Louis invited her to sit down, and she took a seat across from Harry.

Louis made them all a mug of tea.

"So. How's everything  been?" Perrie asked, getting her notes out.

Harry was staring at her. Noting her pretty face. He thought she had a nice smile and lovely bright white teeth.

He liked the sound of her voice. He felt himself calming down the more she spoke. He smiled. Louis noticed and smiled too.

"We have good days, and bad days, don't we Harry?" Louis said, trying to get Harry to talk.

Harry nodded.

He still felt shy though, and pulled his blanket to cover where his legs should've been.

"So, I see you're getting your prosthetics next week? That's great news. I'll be at the hospital when you have them fitted."

"What's your name?" Harry interrupted. He had already forgotten.

"Perrie." She replied, smiling sweetly.

"Perrie." Harry repeated. "That's nice. You're pretty."

Perrie blushed and laughed. "Oh, thank you. That's a lovely compliment."

Louis laughed too. "Harry love, don't interrupt. "

"It's ok." She smiled at Harry. She went on to explain everything that they would be doing together. Harry was more interested in pulling the threads on his blanket, than what she was saying.

After an hour, Perrie had to leave.

"Thank you for coming Perrie. See you next week." Louis said, shaking her hand again.

"Can't wait to see you both again. Harry's lovely." She said, turning towards the boy, who was nearly asleep.

"Bye Harry.  Take care. See you soon."

Harry waved. "Bye bye pretty Perrie." He replied, giggling.

Louis showed her out the door.

"She was nice, wasn't she?" Louis asked.

"Yes. Pretty Perrie."

*****

The next week came around quick. To say harry was nervous was an understatement.

"Will it hurt?" He asked, quietly, as Louis put his jacket on him.

"No love. It'll just feel weird, but it won't hurt. It's gonna take some effort to get walking though. Remember  Perrie told us that?"

Harry nodded. "Can we go now please?"

Louis smiled and took him to the car, strapping him in the front seat and getting in the other side.

*****

They were sat in a room, with white walls and bright lights. Perrie was sat one side of Harry,  Louis the other.

The door opened and in walked the Doctor.

He introduced himself as Doctor Puth.

"So...I have your new legs Harry. Would you like to open the box?" He asked.

Harry thought it was like Christmas.

He ripped open the top of the box and his eyes lit up. "My legs!" He said happily. "Can I run now?"

"Sorry Harry, you won't be able to run in these. We can talk about that another time." The Doctor noticed Louis' panicked look.

"If you take them out, we can fit them."

Harry looked at the Doctor, then Perrie, the Louis. They all smiled.

He smiled back, and nervously picked up one of the legs, looking at it in wonder.

He handed it to Doctor Puth.

He placed the leg onto Harry's stump and did the same with the other one.

Harry looked down at them. "I can't wiggle my toes." He said, frowning.

"They're not your real toes Harry,  that's why."

"I liked wiggling my toes." He whispered, feeling sad.

"Would you like to stand up?" Perrie asked. Harry nodded. He was scared though. What if he fell over?

Doctor Puth took Harry's left arm, Perrie took his right and Louis stood in front of him.

Slowly, they lifted Harry up onto his new feet.

He wobbled, trying to get his balance. Thank god he was being held up, or he would've fallen over.

"Look Daddy! I...I'm standing up!" Harry said, giggling. "I'm big again!"

"That's amazing Harry. You're so big. Well done." Louis laughed. Harry's laughter was infectious.

"Do you want to see if you can take a step or two?" The Doctor asked.

Harry nodded, eagerly.

With a lot of help and guidance,  Harry took a small step forward.

"Yay! I stepped Daddy!" He clapped himself, making the Doctor and Perrie nearly lose their grip on him.

"Go Harry! Can you take another?" Louis said.

Harry concentrated hard as he managed to take another step.

Louis clapped now.  He was amazed at how strong and brave Harry was being.

Harry wobbled a bit, getting tired. Louis pushed a chair behind him, so he could sit down.

"Harry, you are one amazing lad." Doctor Puth said. "Well done." He patted Harry's back.

Everyone was smiling. Harry was yawning.

"Sleep now please?" He said, quietly. They all laughed.

Louis got some booklets and things to look at. Perrie gave him her timetable of when she would visit them, and when he had hospital visits. It may be a while before he can walk on his own.

The Doctor put a sticker on Harry's shirt for being so good. Harry beamed at that, showing everyone they passed on the way out of the hospital.

*****

Hello people. Hope you're all well and not going crazy. I'm so tired all the time.

Thoughts on the chapter?

All the love 💖💖💖