SIXTY THREE

"PRETTY PERRIE!" Harry yelled as she walked in the living room, Louis behind her.

"Good morning Harry. How are you today?" She asked, putting her bag down, and taking her coat off.

"I'm good. Can you play wiv me please?"

Perrie laughed. "Maybe later. We need to check you over first."

Louis went to make some tea, as perrie checked how Harry's stumps were.

"Looking good. No pain or discomfort?" She asked, as she wrote in her notes.

"Bit itchy, here." He showed her where he had been scratching.

"Oh yes. I'll prescribe some cream for that. It's just from where the leg is rubbing. It will get better after a week or so. Anything else worrying you?"

Louis came in with 3 mugs of tea, putting them on the coffee table.

"Don't think so. Thank you Pretty Perrie." He smiled. He really liked her. A lot.

"So, Louis, everything ok with you? Any questions?"

"I can't think of anything. I think we're doing alright, aren't we Harry?"

Harry smiled and nodded, sipping his tea.

"Excellent. So we'll finish our tea then do our exercises." She said.

They sat and talked for a while. Perrie was an interesting young lady, it turns out.

"Pretty Perrie?" Harry said. "Are you married?"

Perrie smiled. "No, I'm not."

"Why not? You're pretty."

Perrie blushed. "Just, haven't found mister right yet. Right...exercise time. " she said.

Louis laid him on the floor as Perrie instructed him on what he needed to do. He needs to keep his lower body and arms strong.

When they'd finished, Harry was tired out. Louis put him on the sofa. "Well done Harry excellent work." Perrie said. "I'll see you next time. Take care, you too Louis. "

"Bye bye Pretty Perrie." He waved, happily.

Louis showed her to the door. "Thanks Perrie. I'm sorry if Harry embarrassed you."

"It's fine. He's a good kid. See you soon."

Louis closed the door and went back to Harry.

He smiled when he saw he was already asleep.  He covered him with his blanket and went to the kitchen to make dinner.

*****

A couple of weeks had passed. Harry had a few physio sessions in the hospital. He had to walk holding onto two beams. It was difficult and Harry would get stressed out quite a lot.

"Can I stop now?" He asked as he reached Louis at one end of the beams.

"Just one more, love. Just go back to Perrie."

"I'm tired." He grumbled, as he was helped to turn around.

He took a couple of steps, before he fell forward, Louis wasn't quite fast enough to catch him and he landed on the floor.

"I'm  tired!" He sobbed.

"Ok Harry, that's enough today, you did really well." Perrie said as she and Louis helped Harry up and into his chair.

"My legs ache." He said,  earning a look from Louis.

"Up here I mean, silly!" He pointed to his thighs that were aching.

Perrie messaged his thighs. Harry liked massages, they felt really nice and made him feel warm and fuzzy.

"Thank you pretty Perrie." He had stopped crying and smiled at her.

"Can you come to dinner?" He asked her. Louis shot him a look of shock.

"Oh...um...I'd love to, but I'm busy in the evenings." She replied.

"Breakfast then?"

Perrie looked at Louis.  "Soon, maybe." She smiled.

"Come on you. Stop hassling Perrie, we need to go to the supermarket."

"Noooo....I don't wanna go! I stay here with pretty Perrie."

"Harry love, Perrie is at work. You gave to go. I'll buy you a chocolate muffin?"

Harry huffed. "Ok. I'm sorry pretty Perrie.  Daddy is a meanie. You can come on your day off instead. Ok?"

Perrie couldn't help but giggle. "Ok Harry. I'll do that. Thank you. Now...go get that muffin!"

They all exchanged smiles and hugs, before Harry and Louis left the hospital.

*****

Weeks went by, and it was now Christmas eve. Harry's physio was coming along well. He could now walk with the aid of crutches, although he was very slow and stumbled quite a bit.

It was also Louis' birthday.

"Happy birfday Daddy!" Harry yelled, as he wobbled on his crutches. "Can I open your presents?" He was still a cheeky little so and so.

Louis laughed. "I guess so, but let's have breakfast first eh?"

Harry huffed. "Spoil sport." But he sat down and ate his cereal anyway.

It happened to be a Saturday, so Niall and Gemma came over as they finished eating.

"How is my favourite brother?" Gemma asked.

"Pardon? What about me?" Niall faked being shocked. Harry giggled.

"I'm her favouritist bruvver. Didn't you hear her?"

Gemma burst out laughing. "You're both my favourites. I'm lucky to have you two." She hugged them both.

"Feeling a bit left out here." Louis said.

"No...don't be sad on your birfday Daddy." Harry walked slowly to Louis and Louis wrapped his arms around him while Harry rested his head against his chest.

"Right. Come on you lot. Present time!" Louis said.

*****

They had a fun day. They opened the presents and cards. They played board games. They ate cake.

Louis was so thankful to have his beautiful children home on his birthday.

Tomorrow was going to be a good day too. Louis could feel it in his bones.

Hello