TWENTY

Time skip.....

Five months before Harry's 5th birthday, he started primary school. He didn't attend a nursery or anything beforehand, so they were all pretty anxious.

"You'll be ok precious," Louis said, hugging the shaking little boy, with tears in his eyes, "it's only for a few hours."

Ariana had left for work an hour ago, giving Harry lots of kisses and cuddles.

"Stay home Daddy?" Harry whispered, wiping his eyes.

"I'm sorry baby, you're a big boy now, and big boys need to go to school. You'll make lots of friends, and have lots of fun. Niall will be there to make sure you're ok too."

"And Gem Gem?" He frowned.

"No, she goes to big big school, darling." Harry started crying again.

"Hey Harry!" Gemma said as she came into the room, "don't cry... I'll see you soon enough, and you can tell me all about your day, yeah?"

Harry nodded, giving his big sister a hug.

"Come on then...is everyone ready?" Louis asked as he helped Harry into his coat.

"I'll look after you Harry, it's ok." Niall said as he took Harry's hand and led him out the door to the car.

Gemma was dropped off at her school first, before they arrived at the primary school.

"Here we are boys. Out you get!" Louis said as he got out of the car, opening the back door.

Niall jumped out, but Harry just sat there, crying.

Louis crouched down. "Harry, come on. You'll be ok. Just think of the fun you'll have. Plus...learning things is so cool." He smiled and unclipped Harry's seat belt.

He slowly got out of the car, Louis and Niall both took a hand and held tight, as they heading into the playground.

It was crowded, and noisy. What seemed like millions of loud, scary monsters were running around, screaming and shouting. Harry wasn't used to such a sight or noise and he shrunk down behind Louis.

"I'm gonna take Harry straight in. Niall... I'll see you tonight, have a great day love." He said, leaving Niall to run off to his friends. Louis fretted, picking Harry up. He hid his face in Louis' hood.

"I'm sorry, you can't go in yet, until the bell rings." A lady stopped them at the door.

"Please, he can't cope with the noise out here. I need to get him inside. I contacted the school about him. Harry Tomlinson."

"Oh yes, I'm sorry Mr Tomlinson, please, follow me." She replied, opening a door for them.

They followed her to an office and sat down once inside.

"Nialls' brother, yes?" She asked.

"That's right. Harry has a small amount of brain damage. He can't cope with certain things. I didn't know he would react like this. He hasn't seen so many people before." Louis explained.

"I've got his notes. We've put him in a small class, only fifteen pupils. It's in the quieter section of the school with specialist teachers."

"Thank you. You hear that Harry. You're gonna be ok here." Harry nodded, and sniffed as he calmed down.

"Harry, would you like to come to your classroom before anyone else arrives?" The lady asked. He nodded again and Louis placed him on the floor.

They walked to the other end of the school, into a classroom that looked amazing.

The walls were different bright colours. There were fairy lights, and cushions here and there. Different textures, and shapes. It looked so calming, warm and just...wonderful.

"We have a few children here with various needs, the warmth of this room helps to keep them calm. We have relaxing music playing, and stimulating toys. I think he'll like it here." The lady said.

Harry left Louis' side and wandered over to a lamp in the corner, that had bubbles going up and down, with lights changing colours. He stood there, watching, his hand touching it.

Louis smiled. "I think he will too. Thank you."

"The bell is about to ring. Do you think he'll be ok if you go? You can stay a while if you want to?"

"Harry love, come here a sec."

Harry went to Louis and stood in front of him. "Daddy."

"Darling. Schools about to start. Do you need me to stay?" Harry thought for a moment, then shook his head. "Ok. Remember what I said....if you need anything, anything at all, you tell a teacher. Have lots of fun, yeah?"

Harry stared into Louis' eyes. He looked worried, a bit teary. "I try Daddy." He whispered. Louis pulled into a big cuddle, covering him with kisses."

"Good boy. Daddy will see you after lunch, ok? I love you so much. Bye bye precious." Louis said as he walked out the door, waving as he left.

Harry waved back and went back to looking at the lamp.

The other children entered the room. Some excited, some scared, some crying. Harry concentrated on the lamp, trying to control his thumping heartbeat.

"Good morning children. My name is Miss Cabello and this is Mr Capaldi. It's so nice to see you all. Please can you all find a seat?"

The children all found seats, including Harry. He sat next to a pretty girl with long dark hair. She wasn't crying like Harry was. He missed his Daddy already.

"Hi...my name is Mabel. What's yours?" She asked.

"H-Harry." He replied.

"Why are you crying" she said, noticing the tears on Harry's face.

"I...I miss my Daddy." He cried.

"Don't be sad. I'll look after you. Will you be my friend?" She smiled.

"Y-Yes please." He smiled back.

"Thank you Harry. We're gonna be bestest friends!" She leaned over and hugged him.

"Best ever!"

Awwww....this was sad, then cute.

Hope everyone knows who Mabel is?

Thoughts on the chapter?

All the love 💖💖💖