TWENTY THREE

Two weeks later...

"Harry, what's up love?" Louis asked the small boy, who was sat on the living room floor, looking sad.

Harry didn't answer him, or even look up. He just sat still.

Louis sat on the floor next to him. "Harry. Tell Daddy what's wrong."

Harry sighed, but still said nothing. Louis tried to touch him, but he flinched.

Now Louis was worried. Harry loves being picked up and cuddled. He never ever dismissed a hug.

He heard Harry's tummy rumbling. "You hungry love? I'll get you a sandwich?"

Louis got up, walking slowly to the kitchen, as he got to the door, he glanced back and looked at Harry.

He was looking down,  picking at the carpet.

Louis made a sandwich and got him a cup of orange juice.

He went back into the living room to find it empty.

"Harry?!" Louis called out. There was no reply.

"Damn it. Where are you?" He said quietly, walking upstairs. He looked in their bedroom.

"Harry, love come out. I've got you something to eat." No answer.

He searched the room. He definitely wasn't in there. He went to the bathroom and opened the door. The shower curtain was pulled across which it only was when the shower was being used.

Louis slowly opened it and his heart broke.

Harry was curled up under a towel, crying.

"Baby...please tell me what's wrong?" Louis said as he sat beside the bath.

Harry cried harder and Louis  moved the towel from his face. "Harry?"

Harry turned to face Louis,  his face red, damp and so, so sad.

"Daddy!" He shook the towel off and lifted his arms up.

"Come here love." Louis picked him up and sat him on his lap, hugging him hard.

"Tell Daddy, please?"

Harry cried, sniffed, wiped his nose on his sleeve. Louis pulled off some loo roll and wiped Harry's nose.

"I..I don't  l-like s-school." He cried, hiding his face in Louis' chest.

"Why? I thought you loved it there?"

Harry was shaking. "Hate it. I don't  w-want to go."

Louis rubbed Harry's back, rocking them back and forth,  trying to calm him down.

"You have to go to school, love, everyone has to go. If you tell me why you hate it, I can help you."

"My stones!" He cried. "I want my s-stones!"

Louis picked Harry up and took him to the bedroom. He sat him on Harry's bed and went to his table in the corner, picking up his little box of new stones he collected.

He handed the box to Harry and sat beside him.

Harry opened the box and started placing them in order of prettiness.

It helped to calm him down, he always got them out when he was worried about something.

"Harry?"

"Shhh..." Harry didn't like being disturbed while he was sorting.

Louis waited for him to finish.

"Better now?"

Harry nodded.