THIRTY SEVEN

"Happy birthday to you
  Happy birthday to you
  Happy birthday dear
  Harry
  Happy birthday to you!"

It was Harry's 12th birthday, and he was having a birthday party in their house.

Over six years had passed since Harry had to deal with that bully.

The boy in question was only ten years old. He had been moved from school to school, tormenting other children. Poor Harry was his only target at their school. The boy ended up  being excluded from the school and wasn't welcomed anywhere else.  He ended up in a youth offenders centre.

But anyway...we don't want to hear about him, do we.

Niall is now 15, Gemma is 18. They all still live with Louis. Ariana has only seen them a couple of times, she's lost all interest in her kids, that's so sad.

Harry's party was going well. His cousins, aunts and uncles were there, and the few friends he had.

"Hey Hazza. Wanna come get some food?" His cousin Liam asked, grabbing his wrist.

"Um...yeah." he replied, hesitantly. He followed the older boy out into the crowded kitchen.

Harry wasn't really into parties, and didn't like crowded places, but his Dad and siblings thought it would be great to get all the family together.

Liam handed Harry a paper plate and looked at all the food. "What do you fancy then? God, theres so much food!"

Harry felt hot and sick. He had a sandwich at lunchtime, and that was too much. He didn't want to eat anything else today.

Harry had been struggling lately. He could see that his stomach had got fatter, he doesn't want to be fat. He remembers how horrible it felt to be fat.

So...he had started to throw up after meals again. He hadn't done that since he was five years old.

His stomach turned as his eyes looked around the table. He picked up a few plain crisps and two quarters of cheese sandwiches. Not much, but way too much for him.

"That all you want?" Liam asked, filling his own plate with sausage rolls, chicken drumsticks,  pizza and crisps.

Harry nodded as they walked back into the living room. Harry sat on the bottom step of the staircase as Liam sat next to his sister, Anne-Marie.

Harry nibbled sadly on a crisp as his cousins chatted away, almost feeling invisible.

"Hey Harry, you ok? You look sad. You shouldn't be sad on your birthday." Mabel said as she sat beside him.

They'd stayed close friends all these years, the only one Harry could depend on.

"Too noisy Mabe. Making me head hurt." He mumbled, putting his plate on the stair. "Come to my room?" He asked.

Mabel nodded and they both skipped upstairs.

Once in Harry's room, they sat on his bed, crosslegged across from each other.

"What shall we do then?" Mabel asked, smiling at her best friend.

"We could listen to some music?" Harry asked shyly. Even though they'd known each other for seven years or so, he still got shy speaking to her.

"Ok. You choose, cos I like most stuff." Mabel replied as she lay back on Harry's pillow.

Harry got his phone out, put spotify on and looked through his playlists. He chose one and pressed play.

1980s music filled the room. Harry loved the 80s, his Dad got him into it.

"Ahhh...I love this song." Mabel smiled as Harry laid down beside her. "Duran Duran had some great songs." She hummed along to 'Save a prayer'.

Harry nodded, as their hands found each other.

"If it snows..." Harry said out of nowhere, "...we should make snowmen again. That was so fun last year. Do you remember?"

Mabel giggled. "Yeah, the snowmans head fell off and landed on your back!"

Harry laughed. "It hurt though, but it was funny. And that snowball fight...you really shouldn't aim at next doors cat. They were cross."

Mabel slapped Harry's arm as she burst out laughing. "I didn't  mean to. Honest!"

Harry sighed and fell quiet, thinking of all the good times they had together.

"I'm glad you're my friend." He whispered.

Mabel turned on her side to look at Harry better. "You'll always be my friend Harry. Your the bestest." She grinned.

Harry thinks shes the prettiest girl in the world. He wishes he could tell her, but he's way too shy.

"You're my only friend." He frowns. He would love to have more friends. He has a couple of others, but nobody as nice as Mabel.

"Nah I'm not."

"You are. People don't like me, cos I'm stupid and weird." His bottom lip wobbles.

"No you're not. Don't say that. You're clever and lovely and no way are you weird."

Harry couldn't help but cry. Today should've been a happy day, but he was sad. It was only Mabel being here that made it a bit better.

Mabel moved closer and put an arm across him, as Harry hid his face in his hands.

"See...I'm a baby t-too!" He cried.

"Shh. Shall I get Louis?" Mabel asked, concerned.

Harry shook.his head and sniffed. "No. He gets fed up with me crying. I can't help it though."

Mabel hugged him, before realising he had fallen asleep.

"Aww. Don't worry Harry.  You're my best friend and I love you." She whispered.

Yeah...timeskip. thought was a good age to go to. What do you think?

All the love 💖💖💖