THIRTY SIX

It was three days later.

Harry and Louis were sat on the sofa, eating lunch. The other kids were at school, still upset after hearing what Harry went through.

"Harry, love, please try to eat." Louis asked, sadly.

Harry looked at his soup. It was what the doctors had suggested, as Harry's stomach had shrunk.

Harry looked at his Daddys sad face, and started crying.

"Baby, don't cry. It's ok. You need to eat, or you won't grow into a big boy." Harry sniffed.

"Don't wanna be f-fat!" He cried.

Louis was shocked. What had that awful boy done to his son?

He moved closer to Harry and wrapped his arm around him.

"Listen...that boy was nasty and said bad things to you. Please try to forget him. You won't get fat. You need to eat to get strong, and do well in school." Harry was shaking with his sobs.

He wiped his eyes and picked his spoon up, scooping up a small amount of the tomato soup, and brought it up to his mouth.

It smelt delicious and Harry's mouth watered. He had always loved soup and tomato was his favourite.

He put the spoon into his mouth and the soup fell onto his tongue. He got another spoonful, then another, and another, until the bowl was empty.

Louis smiled. "Good boy. Well done. I'm so proud of you!" Louis put the bowl down and picked Harry up, placing him on his lap, giving him the biggest cuddle he could manage.

They sat there for a while, as Louis read Harry a story from one of Nialls' old books that Harry loved.

Louis noticed Harry's body feeling heavier, as he heard soft snores coming from the little lad.

Louis smiled again.

*****

"No Daddy NO!!" Harry cried as Louis tried to get Harry dressed for school the following week. "Me stay wiv Da....Daddy!"

"Harry, you need to go back to school now."

Harry cried harder, tears falling fast from his red eyes. "S-scared!"

Louis picked Harry up, and cradled him in his arms. He was shaking and crying so hard, it made Louis' heart break.

"Shh baby. The boy isn't at school anymore.  You won't see him again. It'll be alright now." He rubbed Harry's back as his sobs subsided, slightly.

He rested his head on Louis' shoulder, wiped his nose on Louis, making him cringe, then put his thumb in his mouth. His hygiene definitely needed some work.

He closed his eyes, and was drifting off to sleep.

"Harry...don't go to sleep sweetheart,  we need to go soon." He whispered as Gemma came in.

"Is he ok Dad?" She asked. She had become more attentive towards her brothers than before, Louis loved the fact that his kids looked out for each other so well.

"He'll be ok soon Gem. Is Niall ready yet?" He asked.

Gemma nodded. "he's just getting his books. I'm ready."

Louis smiled at her.

"Dad...I think he's asleep." She said looking at her little brother, cheeks still flushed and damp.

"Damn. I hope he's gonna be alright at school."

"Niall will look after him when he can. He has Mabel too." Gemma replied.

*****

Louis managed to get Harry into the car without waking him up.  He drove Gemma to her school, before arriving at the boys school. He carefully got Harry out, carrying him into the school.

"Morning Louis.  Oh Is Harry ok?" Mr Capaldi said as Louis walked into his classroom.

Louis sighed and sat down. "He got a bit worked up about coming here. But I can't keep him home forever. I told him that boy won't be here. He's still so scared." Louis explained.

Mr Capaldi sat opposite them. "I promise you, we will keep a close eye on Harry.  We'll make sure nothing like this will ever happen again. He's such a lovely little boy, we want him to be happy here." Louis smiled at the teacher, as Harry began to wake up.

Seeing where he was, Harry started crying and grabbed onto his Daddy.

"Hey Harry.  I'm so glad you're here. I really need some help with putting all the cuddly toys in the right places. Do you think you could help me?" Mr Capaldi asked, a smile plastered on his face.

Harry stopped crying and looked at his favourite teacher. He nodded and gave one last hug to Louis,  before getting off his lap.

"Say  bye to your Daddy first, then we'll start."

Harry turned to Louis and gave him a big cuddle.

"You do a good job with the toys and I'll buy you an ice cream later." Harry nodded, as Louis wiped the boys nose with a tissue. "See you later Precious. Love you lots. " he kissed Harry's forehead.

"Love oo too Daddy." Harry replied, and took Mr Capaldis' hand as they went to sort the toys out.

Louis went off to work, feeling happy that Harry went off ok in the end. He just couldn't concentrate properly, a constant worry at the back of his mind all day.

He need not have worried though. As Louis entered his classroom at 3pm, a smiling Harry ran to him and leapt into his arms.

"Daddy...Daddy...I helped wiv the cuddlies, then i sorted the pencils in colours." He said happily.

"He did a great job! He's gonna be my little helper aren't you Harry?" Mr Capaldi said as he appeared next to them.

"Thank you Lewis." Louis said, feeling relieved.

Louis took Harry and his siblings home. Harry seemed more relaxed.

They all went to bed that night, feeling happier than they had for a while.

Think I may end this soon. Running out of ideas.

Louis is on stage right now in Spain. First night of his tour. Hope it goes well. Love you Louis.

All the love. 💖💖💖