🕯️FOUR🕯️

A steady beeping from various monitors sounded around the room.

Tiny whimpers, and soft gurgling could also be heard.

It was three days since little Harry nearly died.

Louis and Ari had hardly left his side in that time. They couldn't bare to be away from him for long, terrified that next time he wouldn't make it.

"How's he doing?" Louis asked the Doctor in charge of Harry's case.

Doctor Robinson took a deep breath, "as you know, Harry stopped breathing for a minute. Because of that, there is a possibility of brain damage. Now...I'm in no way saying that he has, but we need to check. So, he'll go for a scan. Please try not to worry. I know it's difficult, he may be ok. The infection is clearing up well though. I should think it will be gone in a couple of days."

Ari cried into Louis' chest.

"Don't cry love. You heard the Doctor, he is probably ok. He's our Precious little boy."

*****

"It's just not fair, Lou. He's so tiny. Why did this have to happen to him?" Ari cried, and she hugged her husband, tears falling from the both of them.

"Only time will tell about the extent of the damage. He may have trouble learning things, may be late walking and talking. We'll give him regular monthly checks, but by all means, bring him straight to us if you have any concerns." Doctor Robinson said.

"Thanks Doctor. Can we take him home soon though?" Louis asked, hopefully.

"I'd like him to stay in just two more days. Then he can go."

The couple thanked the Doctor and then went back to their baby.

*****

August 1st...

Harry was now six months old. He wasn't a very active baby. He hadn't learned to roll over yet, which most babies his age have done.

"Harry, follow me, come on lazy!" Niall said as he crawled in front of his brother.

"Ni! Don't call him that please!" Ari frowned. Both older children had been told that Harry was still little and can't do what they could.

"But Mummy...I wanna play wiv him."

Niall got up off the floor and sat next to Harry, who was sitting in a baby bouncer on the living room floor.

Ari was in the kitchen making sandwiches for lunch. "Mummy, I love Harry." Gemma said, pulling on Ari's dress.

"Aww...that's a lovely thing to say, darling. I'm sure he loves you too." She smiled and kissed her daughter's cheek. "What about Niall?"

"Yep..I love him too even when he's annoying me." Ari laughed.

"That's good.

Harry had to take meds every day. His lungs hadn't developed properly, they were smaller than they should be, and he was prone to getting infections and coughs.

Ari and Gemma walked back to the living room, finding Niall cuddling Harry on the sofa. Harry was asleep with his thumb in his mouth.

"You looking after Harry, love? That's a good boy." Ari said, smiling at the blonde boy.

"He wanted a cuddle Mummy. He's really warm and cosy." Niall giggled, as Harry sucked on his thumb.

Ari couldn't resist it. She just had to take a few photos of the boys cuddling.

"Right. Lunch. Cheese sandwich and an apple Niall?" She asked and Niall nodded.

He was so hungry, he would eat anything right now.

Ari lifted Harry off of Niall's lap, causing Niall to frown.

"He can go back after lunch, you can't eat with him laying on you." Ari explained and Niall nodded, tucking into his food.

Ari sat on the sofa, placing Harry on her lap. He didn't wake.

She noticed he was feeling quite warm, like Niall had said.

The children finished their lunch, just as Harry started to wake up.

He blinked his tired eyes a few times, focussing on his Mummy looking down, smiling at him.

"Hello precious." She whispered, stroking his flushed cheek.

"You feel a bit hot. Are you ok?"

Harry pouted, and tears formed in his big green eyes.

"Baby, don't cry. Oh I wish you could tell me how you feel." She said sadly.

Harry cried softly. Ari assumed it's just because he's feeling too hot.

"Let's go get you a bottle eh? I expect you're thirsty."

Once she had made up a bottle of milk, she sat back on the sofa, and gave Harry the milk.

He sucked gently. He had half of the milk and pushed the bottle away.

"You had enough, love? That's ok." Ari said as she put Harry on her chest, rubbing his back, as he brought up some wind.

"That feels better doesn't it?" She smiled, as she felt Harry relax a bit. "I'm just going to change him, back in a minute." She told the other children.

She laid Harry on the changing table and took his clothes and nappy off.

She cleaned him, pressing kisses over his tummy, and put a clean nappy on. She put a body suit on, nothing else, to try and cool him down a bit.

The August heat must be making him too hot, she thought.

Back downstairs, Niall sat upright when he saw his Mummy and brother come back in.

He held his arms out, and Ari chuckled.

"Ok Niall." She said as she placed Harry back on Niall's lap. Niall smiled and cuddled Harry.

Ari sat opposite them and watched as the two boys fell asleep together.

Hi...sorry for the wait for this chapter.

Not feeling great. Been for a blood test this morning, my arm hurts and I have a headache and I'm so tired.

Sorry if this chapter wasn't great.

Anyway...Edora? Harry? Hmmm...

All the love 💞💞💞