🎄EIGHT🎄

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Gemma yelled, as she jumped on her parents bed.

"Gem! Really?" Louis groaned as he looked at his alarm clock. "It's only 6am...go back to sleep."

"But I've been awake since 5, I waited an hour. Please Daddy?"

Harry started crying, Louis sighed, giving Gemma a glare.

"Sorry Daddy." She whispered.

"It's ok love. Let me see to Harry first." Louis said as he dragged his tired body out of bed.

Last night had been rough.

Harry hadn't been well for a couple of days and last night was the worst. He'd had sickness and diarrhoea since the afternoon. Louis kept him apart from the other kids and Ari, so he didn't spread any germs. Louis just had to pray he didn't get it too, he's been lucky so far.

Louis had to do so many changes, and changed sheets a few times. Harry had been very clingy too.

He'd called 111 to get medical advice. They told him that if he was still bad today, that they should take him to the hospital.

"Hey precious. How are you feeling?" He asked as he picked Harry up from his bed.

Harry whimpered and shoved his head into Louis' neck.

"You still feel warm. Let's check your bum shall we?"

Louis placed Harry gently on the changing table, Harry squirmed, he just wanted Daddy cuddles. He pouted as Louis opened his nappy.

"Eww...nasty!" Louis said, gagging slightly as the mess in front of him.

His nappy was very messy and Harry screamed when Louis cleaned his bottom.

"Oh I'm sorry baby. You're really sore aren't you?"

Louis finished cleaning Harry and picked him up. Harry immediately clung to his Daddy, tears still streaming down his flushed cheeks.

They went back to the bedroom, where Louis got dressed, in just sweatpants, and a jumper. They made their way downstairs, where the rest of the family were sat around the Christmas tree.

"Happy Christmas Daddy and Harry!" Niall said, smiling.

"Thanks Niall. Happy Christmas."

"How's our boy today? Any better?" Ari asked as she stroked Harry's cheek.

Ari knew the rough night he had had, but Louis told her he would deal with it.

"Still really hot, nappy was bad still, not been sick for a couple of hours. Fingers crossed it's passing now."

"I hope so. Poor love aren't you Harry?" Ari said wiping the tears from his cheeks.

"Can we open the presents now pleeeeeeease?" Niall whined, bouncing up and down on the carpet.

"Go on then." Ari laughed as she sat down next to them.

The older kids had all their presents unwrapped in an hour, would've been quicker, but Louis ordered them to slow down.

*****

"That was amazing love. Thank you." Louis said to Ari as he took his last mouthful of Christmas dinner.

"You're welcome. Did you enjoy it kids?"

They both nodded and hugged their Mum. "Can we watch telly now please?" Gemma asked, wiping gravy from her chin.

"Of course. Try not to fight over what to watch though." Ari told them, and they skipped away happily.

"Want a hand with the washing up? Harry looks like he'll be asleep soon." Louis asked, looking down at the bleary eyed boy in his arms.

"That would be great, thanks darling. I'll wait til you put him down."

Ten minutes later, Harry was asleep on the sofa, Gemma and Niall keeping watch over him, while the adults washed up.

"Can't believe Harry will be 2 in five weeks!" Ari said as she handed Louis a plate to dry.

"I know. He seems so little still. He's behind in his milestones. I mean...he should be walking on his own by now." Louis replied, taking the plate.

"Can't help but worry about how far behind he could be. I'm scared Lou. What if the brain damage is so bad that he can never fend for himself?"

Louis put the plate down and turned Ari around to face him.

"We'll still love him, no matter what. We know he's gonna have health problems. He's gonna be loved so much " Louis said as he hugged his wife. They both stood by the sink for ages, crying into each others arms.

"Mummy... Daddy....come quick!" Niall shouted from the living room.

They ran to see what was wrong.

Gemma was crying on the floor by the sofa.

"What's wrong?" Ari yelled.

"It's Harry...something's wrong!" Gemma wailed.

She moved out of the way as Louis fell to the floor.

"No. No. No. No. No!"

Cliffhanger!

Soooooo....adore you video, absolutely loved it, so cute 💞💞💞
Nearly fine line time, excited!
Late late show tonight, yes I'll be getting up at 5:30 tomorrow.
Anyone going to the forum on Friday?

Thoughts on the chapter?
What's wrong with Harry?

All the love 💞💞💞