Chapter 20

"My lord, Centerfold has failed to capture Zero Two."

"Really? I'm not surprised, I knew these men would fail me from the start as soon as I saw their Stranxx abilities."

"This does not also surprise me my lord."

"No need to call me that anymore, I trust you enough that I don't wanna be called that by someone I trust."

"Oh I'm so flattered..... Gio-sama."

[ Third POV ]

The sun shines upon all of the student's windows. The birds glide through the soaring wind. The wind blows with them and leaves starts to come off the tree branches. Plants start to evolve on their own, bugs feeding off their prey. Then there is Hiro, reading a comic book he borrowed from Goro.

"Man I wonder if Kazuma got to reincarnate as another human being in the end." He wonders, he looks at the time and realizes how late it was.

"I will find that out later. Now is time to get ready to fight some upcoming Klaxosaurs. If they even show up, I've been noticing little activity of them. The only time we fought them was 4-6 days ago." He locks the bathroom door and washes his face. He grabs his blue toothbrush and the toothpaste, squeezing it to put the right amount of it on the brush. He rinses it a little and starts brushing his teeth.

"I thought this school was gonna help us learn our new Stranxx abilities. But we just chill around and do whatever until an announcement or something happens. But what do I care, I guess this is my life now until I really wanna do something for once." He finishes his morning routine and changes into his school uniform.

He notices Goro is still sleeping, thinking of something that's up to no good. Hiro cautiously leans close to Goro's ear and whispers, "I'm leaving you Goro." In a famine voice, Goro reacted quickly and gets up to immediately stare at Hiro.

"Hiro, please stop joking around. I happen to take my relationship with Ichigo seriously." Goro rubs his eyes, reaching over his glasses with the other hand.

"Look at the time jimbo." Hiro points at the clock. Goro adjusts his glasses to his fitting and quickly rushes to the bathroom.

"Don't tell anyone about this!" His voice grows more distant as Hiro exits their dorm.

On the other side, Zero Two is shown to have wake up first with her school uniform still on. She stares at the ceiling about her kiss with Hiro yesterday. "Why did I do that?" She touches her forehead with her forearm. She grabs the picture from her pocket and looks at it one more time. She unconsciously smiles at it before standing up and heads to the bathroom. She does the same that Hiro did.

"Guess I should sit by Hiro and the others today." She says to herself, but loud enough for Alpha who was sleeping at the time to wake up.

"Sit by who?" He sits up and notices his bed hair. Zero Two also notices her messy bed hair and grabs a comb. "I think it's okay to sit by Hiro and the rest today." She faces the mirror and combs it down until it goes straight.

"Really? Honestly, I don't really like those guys. They may have extraordinary abilities and are smart with it but their personalities are what doesn't fit. Their Stranxx's facial features means everything about them. If the Stranxx is said, the user is depressed. If the Stranxx is smiling, the user is secretly happy. If it was angry, the user would be angry. It's as simple as that." Alpha explains the meaning of Stranxx.

"Remember darling, we don't know all about Stranxxs yet. They are still a mystery to us humans even after centuries with it." She finishes combing her hair and helps him get off his bed. "Thank you." He smooches on her cheek, receiving a slight blush.

"N-Now do the rest on your own, I'm not your mother." She lets go of Alpha's hand and slowly exits the door. "Wife to be exact." He corrects her. Their relationship was forceful but not like Zero Two having to do it or something happens to her. They were just simply asked to marry each other by the age of 18 which is the age of consent.

"Right." She hesitates, even saying that was easy before but ever since Hiro and the others were in her life, she has second thoughts about it.

At the end of the hallway, both Hiro and Zero Two bump into each other accidentally. "Oh hey Zero Two." He waves at her. "Hey Hiro." She smiles back.

"How was your morning?" They walk next to each other, with the most casual conversation. Even with the most generic conversations, they both find joy around it. Having something to talk about was great for each person.

"I had to wake up Goro for the first time. These past few days, he has been the one waking me up. I wonder what he was up to last night."

"Hehe, maybe something illegal and inappropriate." Zero Two jokes around.

"Not like that but what about you?" Hiro asks her the question.

"I had to help Alpha get up from his bed." She adds a sarcasm tone into it.

"That's a huge coincidence, we both happen to help our roommates get up in the morning." They both laugh together before heading into the cafeteria.

"Hiro..." She calls for his name.

"Yes." He responds.

"Today, I think I'll sit by you today...."