Dibbisons

BETTY POV

The months since May has been an emotional roller coaster. I was sad at first. I stayed in bed for a week and lived off of cereal. Then Jughead called me and broke up with me. I went to visit him a couple times but we agreed that we can't be together. But a lot of things changed for me.

Stella and I got jobs at the Bijou. She's been recovering from her transplant and her own heartbreak. Also, did I mention that I am helping out at the hospital? I like to go help Dad every once in a while. I was getting used to him not being here and then he showed up...and I can't even hug him.

"Jughead...I have no clue what to say!" I giggled. He gave a light laugh. I stepped a little closer to him and he put his mask back on.

"Betty, it's nice to see you. But please, back up." He said. I took a few large steps backwards and I sighed.

"I can't believe you're here. What happened?"

"I couldn't be there any longer. People were dying and I have to go to the hospital-"

"Not in this weather! You'd freeze to death!" Pop Tate scoffed and walked over to the table with Stella, Cheryl, and Veronica. He set the check down on their table and Betty walked over to it. She set money down and then looked back up at me.

"We'll probably be staying here for awhile. Are you?" Stella asked Jughead. Jughead shook his head and let out a long exhale.

"No, I'll probably get back on the bus. I just wanna eat my food and then I'll get back to it. It's great seeing you all...especially you, Betty. I'll see you guys later." He said. He sat down in a booth and turned away from me. I sighed and sat back down. I don't know why, but he's different. He's not the Jughead that I fell in love with.