Angry

BETTY POV

I was driving home and crying. This was a lot to process. I had been lied to for such a long time. He was dying for real this time. He wasn't going to be here for another year. I was angry. I was angry at the world.

I pulled up into the driveway and parked my car. I sat there for a minute and took a few deep breaths. I wiped my eyes and grabbed my purse. It's 11PM(23:00) so hopefully everyone was in bed. I got out of my car and walked up to the house. I walked in and slowly closed the door behind me. All of the lights were off so everyone must've been in bed. What a great opportunity to get food? So, I walked into the kitchen and then the lights turned on. Dad was leaning against the kitchen counter with his arms crossed.

"Hello, Betty. Would you like some coffee?" Dad asked in an annoyed tone.

"Dad, I can explain-"

"You've been out for 35-minutes! Which is fine, but you didn't say anything to your mother or I. Must've been pretty serious, huh?"

"I'm not dealing with whatever this is. Let's talk about Jughead. I can't believe that you didn't tell me that he had Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Like, what the heck?" I sassed. Dad groaned and shook his head.

"He's your boyfriend. It wasn't my job to tell you about it. He's a big boy and he can tell you himself."

"Wow, that's something I thought you'd never say. Making this about Jughead's fear of hurting people is awful. He's my man and you're my father. You should've told me because you're my dad and he's an 18-year old man. You're also his doctor so I think you should've told me."

"Betty, just stop. I'm gonna head to bed and we'll talk about this tomorrow." Dad sighed. I stepped in front of him and stopped him from walking past. He rolled his eyes and stepped a few steps away from me. "Betty, don't be mad."

"I am mad and I have every right to be angry! He's dying and there's nothing I can do about it! It's a week before Christmas and-and I can't even...I don't understand you both! How many more secrets are you and Jughead keeping from me?! Dad, he let me into his life! That means that you're his doctor/friend but I'm your daughter and his girlfriend. I'm in the circle now which means I will know everything from now on. Jughead and D-Dibbisons." I yelled and then started breaking into sobs. Dad hugged me and I hugged him back tightly. I just sobbed into him while he was hugging me. This was on for quite some time.