Crushing

STELLA POV

I went to Betty's house in the afternoon. I had nothing else to do. She gave me an extra key to her house so I can just come in. Which was a blessing and a curse. But today, it was a blessing.

"Betty! I'm stressed! Are you home?" I yelled and walked into her house. There was no response. I shut the front door. I stood there for a minute and I heard the door open. Betty's extremely hot cousin, Archie Andrews, Ram downstairs. He was shirtless and wearing athletic shorts.

"Hey, Stella. Betty's out right now."

"O-oh...sorry. I'll just go-" I said. I turned around and walked right into the front door. I fell back on to the floor. I groaned and looked up. Archie was standing over me with his arms crossed.

"Stella?" Archie questioned.

"Archie?" I replied.

"I think you fell."

"I think I fell too." I giggled. Archie have a chuckle and lowered his hand. I grabbed his hand and I stood up. We laughed a little more and there was silence. What are you even supposed to say to your best friend's hot cousin? It would be different he was her brother, but he's not.

"I was getting ready to make some food. Do you want me to make you some?" Archie asked.

"Yeah, I'd like that very much." I smiled. Archie smirked and nodded. He started to walk away and I followed. We went into the kitchen. I sat down in the chair at the counter. Archie pulled some ingredients and started to make the food.

"So...how long have you and Betty been friends?" Archie looked up at me for a second and then went back to cutting the food.

"Since we were like five. Betty and I met at the hospital. I'll never forget that day."

"I forgot about that. Don't you have like lung cancer or something?"

"Cystic Fibrosis. It's a lot different from lung cancer." I said. He's so hot and can cook. But nobody's perfect. He's probably dumb and I just haven't realized it yet.

"What exactly is Cystic Fibrosis?"

"CF is a genetic disease that makes my body create too much mucus. In my lungs and in my digestive system. There's no cure for it and it ends in death...but they recently came out with a drug that's been working for a lot of CFers. I also had double-lung transplant over the summer so that was a life savor."

"How come new lungs won't cure it?"

"Do you want a shirt?" I asked, quickly changing the subject. I don't like talking about my lung transplant with people.

"Uh, yeah. Just hand me the sweatshirt on the kitchen table." He pointed. I got up and walked over to the table. I grabbed his sweatshirt and threw it at him. It went on his head and covered his face. I laughed and he gave a laugh too. He dropped the cooking stuff and I walked over to him. I took the sweatshirt off of his head and handed it to him. He put the sweatshirt on and looked at me. We were really close in front of each other.

"Archie?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm pretty sure you can't cook. You have strawberries and sour cream in a pan." I sighed and looked over at it.

"Maybe I just wanted to find an excuse for you to stay." Archie grinned. I blushed and looked away from him. Did I mention that he was gorgeous? He put his hands on my shoulders. He started massaging them. "Jeez, you're tense."

"I know. I was born like that and I have no idea why." I chuckled. There was a little bit of pain because of the knots in my shoulders.

"I have an idea. Maybe it's the genetic disease you were born with." Archie whispered. I turned around and scoffed. I playfully punched him in the shoulder and he gave a laugh. I've never realized how fun he is. Because he is. He's really fun to be around.

"Um...The food's smoking." I moaned.

"You find food attractive?"

"No, Archie. The food's on fire!" I shrieked. Archie's dumb. He turned around and saw the fire he created. He picked up the pan threw it in the sink and turned it on. I rushed over and turned the stove off. I started coughing like crazy. The mix of lung problems and smoke don't go well together.

"Are you good?" Archie asked and turned the sink off. He opened the window and started fanning the area.

"Yeah, I'm ok. What did you do to it?"

"I don't even know. I put more then strawberries and sour cream in that pan though." Archie winced. I could spend time with him all day. However, Betty walked into the kitchen and seemed confused. Stella Grant, play it cool.

"Hey, Stell...what are you doing here?" Betty asked.

"I came here to talk to you but I was spending time with Archie. I should go actually. I have a doctor's appointment in a few hours." I shrugged. I stood up and Archie handed me a note. I clenched it in my fist and walked towards Betty. I gave her a pat on the back and walked out of her house really fast. I ran all the way to my car. I got in the driver's seat and opened the note.

"Hey, Stella
I have something you'd probably appreciate. Here's Archie Andrews's(ME) phone number. Hopefully, you'll text."

He was way too cute. I'm surprised he gave me his number but I don't mind. I was definitely going to text. He's hot and funny. What more can I ask for?