Winter Dance

BETTY POV

I walked into the dance and smiled to myself. Lots of music was playing and there was a band playing. There was food and drinks. Stella went to the dance with Archie. They're really good friends and that makes me happy. I went by myself because Jughead obviously couldn't go to something like this.

"Betty, do stand there like a weirdo. Come dance with me, girl!" Veronica exclaimed. I laughed as she dragged me to the dance floor. We were dancing wildly and laughing. We were having a really fun time. After some one of dancing, I got really tired.

"V, let's go get some punch." I smiled. I pulled her off the dance floor and to the food area. We got cups of fruit punch and rested.

"So...what's lover boy doing tonight?" Veronica asked.

"He's at the hospital and just chilling. He's been having abdomen pain lately and I just can't help but feel bad. He'll be ok though. My father is the best doctor around." I said. Veronica nodded and sighed.

"So...Stella and Archie?"

"Just friends, V. Please, don't date my cousin. He's not at all boyfriend material." I sassed. I looked over and saw them laughing as they danced together. I couldn't help but smile to myself. Veronica pat me on the shoulder and pointed to something.

"B, what is your dad and Mr. Jones doing here?" She asked. I knew something was wrong. I felt it in my gut. I remembered Severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. I walked over to them.

"Guys, what's going on?" I asked. Dad's eyes widened and he sighed. "N-no...is Jughead dead?"

"No, he's not. Jughead is in emergency surgery. Something went wrong with his intestines and he's getting surgery on them. It's really bad this time, Betty."

"You should be at the hospital right now! I need to go!" I yelled. I tried to walk past them but Mr. Jones stopped me.

"Jughead's stomach his being operated on as well. We think you should stay at the dance and come when it's done. We don't want you to be at the hospital for 8-hours."

"Dad, I don't care! Let me through right now. I need to be in that waiting room." I sassed. Archie, Stella, and Veronica came over to us.

"Archie, make sure Betty gets to the hospital alright."

"We'll go too, Mr. Cooper." Veronica said. We all rushed out of there and made it to the car as fast as we could. I couldn't think about anything else. Jughead was the only thing on my mind.