Messy

VERONICA POV

I was spending the night at Betty's house. I was painting Betty's nails and beautiful pink color. Even though it was 4AM, we had drank a lot of coffee and couldn't fall asleep. She was very sad. Stella and her weren't on speaking terms and her only friend lately is me. Cheryl and Toni haven't been talking to us much.

"I wish Jughead wasn't so...well, shy. You have no idea how bad I wanna hugchim. I was watching 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' and-"

"Betty, I'm going to stop you there. That-that's nasty. Besides, Jughead is a disease-spreading weirdo. Isn't he on the edge of death?" I asked. I looked up and Betty's eyes were widened. I sighed and shook my head. "I didn't mean it like that. All I'm saying is that...he's guaranteed to break your heart."

"Yeah...I know. But we've been through so much and there's nothing that's going to break us up again. What about you? Have you found your special someone?" Betty asked and took her hand away. Her nails were all done. She was blowing on them and shaking them.

"No, not yet. Reggie Mantle has been looking extra cute lately." I smirked. Betty grinned. I tried to get into my bag and look for my laptop. I shuffled through it and dumped all of my stuff out on the floor. I then threw my bag across the room.

"V, what's wrong? Talk to me."

"I left my laptop at school! Right after cheer practice when we were sitting in the hall. I remember because I was trying to pull up a movie for us. B, could we go to school?" I asked. Betty scoffed and stood up. It was hard to convince her to do something she didn't wanna do.

"Veronica, you're crazy. The school is closed! We can get on Monday morning-"

"But I can't have it on Monday! I need to have it now! Come on, B. You love me and I love you. This is what friends do! Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!" I exclaimed and grabbed her arm. She rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Fine! But if we're caught, I will blame it all on you." She groaned. We quickly got our shoes and jackets on. We snuck out of the house and we got to her car. She drove away and down the streets. I love car rides in the middle of the night. They were very relaxing. After sometime of driving, we got in the school parking lot.

"Don't worry, Betty. The gym teacher always leaves the side door unlocked like an idiot. I promise, it won't even take that long." I grinned. She gave a sarcastic grin back. I ran out of the car and ran all the way to the gym. I opened the side door to the gym and ran in. I quickly scanned the gym and didn't even see my laptop. I felt myself panic and quickly ran into the hallway. I looked around and I wanted to scream...I saw a person laying in a pool of blood. I got closer to them and I was even more shock...it was Jughead.

"Jughead?! Cousin Jughead?!" I screamed and got closer. I could hardly recognize him. His entire body was covered in blood and bruises. His mask was missing and so were his gloves. Somehow, he was still alive.

"W-w-w-where am I? W-why is it so cold? It's so cold! Help me, please!" He screamed. He tried to get up but couldn't. He just started crying and yelling.

"Jughead, I'm here with Betty. I'm gonna go get help-"

"N-n-no! Don't get her, please. I-I can't let her s-s-see me like this-"

"This is not up for discussion. I'm gonna call an ambulance and then I'm gonna get her. Everything is gonna be ok." I said. I grabbed my phone out of my pajama pants pocket. I called an ambulance for Jughead. My parents are going to be really upset that I called an ambulance and broke into school at 4AM. But is it really breaking if the door was unlocked? After I called an ambulance, I ran back to the car to get Betty.

"V, get in the car!"

"B, an ambulance is on the way-"

"What, why?! Did you kill someone?!" Betty shrieked.

"No! What the heck?! Your boyfriend is laying in the middle of the hallway and he's covered in blood and crying-"

"What?! No, Jug." Betty muttered. She got out of her car and ran inside of the school with me. She ran faster than me. She got to the hallway and she screamed...it was the scream of someone who just saw their soulmate in pain.

Betty ran over to him and knelt by him. She started stroking his face and hushing him. I walked over and watched. She propped his head up to her chest. She held him to her chest tightly and starting talking to him.

"Betty, stop. Dibbisons-"

"I don't care! I don't care at all! Open the doors for the doctors! It's going to be ok, Jughead. I'm here. I'm not leaving." Betty yelled at me and then whispered to him. In no time, we heard sirens. The red and yellow flashes were outside of the school. I forced the front doors opened and they came in. A group of people with hazmat suits on came.

"Get away from him immediately! Go shower and wash your hands!" One of the guys yelled. They put Jughead on to a stretcher. They put a heavy oxygen mask on him and an IV in his arm. They rushed him out of the school. I walked over to Betty.

"Come on, B. Let's go home. We don't need you in the hospital too."