I Know What You Did Last Summer PT. 1

BETTY POV

[It all started in June. I was helping Toni out at the Whyte Wyrm. Stella and I both got jobs there. I was a cleaning lady and cleaned all day long. Well, that's when I met him.]

"Excuse me, are you Elizabeth Cooper?" A boy said. I looked up from the floor and saw him. He was about my age and had blonde-hair with green-eyes.

"I am. What can I do for you?" I asked and used the mop to help me stand.

"I just wanna get to know my father's employees a little better. I'm here for the Summer and I don't have anyone in Riverdale that I know. My father says that there were a few girls that worked at his bar. He gave me names and I met Stella and Toni. You're the last one. I'm Brett Weston Wallis." He said and held out his hand.

"I'm Betty Cooper. It's really nice to meet you, Brett." I said giving a smile. He smiled back and sat down at one of the tables. I continued to mop the floors as he talked to me.

"So, Betty...how old are you?"

"I'm 17-years old. I'll be eighteen in September. How about you?"

"I just turned eighteen a couple months ago. Um...what's your favorite dessert?" Brett asked. I gave a giggle and looked over at him.

"That's a very random question. But if you must know, my favorite dessert are strawberry cupcakes. My turn to ask a question. Where do you go to school?" I asked. It seemed so casual.

"Stonewall Prep. The douchey rich kid school. I'm guessing you go to Riverdale High School. If I may ask, what's the best restaurant in Riverdale?"

"That would have to be Pop's Chocklit Shoppe. They have the best burgers and milkshakes in town." I smiled. Brett gave a smirk and nodded. He stood up and walked over to me. He grabbed the spray and washcloth. He started helping me clean and I couldn't help but smile.

"What made you wanna get a job here? It all old men and fights." Brett said. I laughed and did a long exhale.

"I need to take all the stress off of my mind. I recently got out of a relationship and it was really tough. Hey, there's a party at Sweetwater River tomorrow night. There's gonna be a bonfire and dancing. Do you wanna come?" I asked. Brett weakly smiled and nodded.

"I think I'd like that a lot. Thank you, Betty." Brett said.

[I'm not gonna sit there and tell you every second of Brett and I. But we spent majority of the Summer together. In August, that's when Brett and I had our downfall.]