Christmas Eve

BETTY POV

My parents were hosting a party that night. Mom's work friends, some of Dad's work friends and college friends, and Charlie's friends all came to the house. They were all busy drinking wine and eating cheese cubes. Meanwhile, I was writing a book.

I was laying up in bed and typing on my laptop while eating chips. This was going to be a masterpiece. I'm facing writer's block right now. I have no clue what to do right now so I called the one person I can actually trust.

"Girl, I got you! I brought chips, crackers, candy, and movies that will definitely make us cry. But the story first, what are you working on?" Stella exclaimed as she burst into the room. She dropped her bag on the floor and brought the bags of food over to my bed. She then closed the door and jumped on top of me.

"Ow! Stella, my back." I yelled.

"So, what do you want help on?" Stella asked and opened a bag of chips.

"I'm writing a story and I need your opinion on what I should write next."

"Betty, you know very well that I'm not the person to talk to about writing. You should've called Jughead."

"Yeah, about that...we broke up." I whispered. Stella groaned and got off me. She started walking around my room.

"He's a good guy! You two seriously love each other that much to the point where you can't stand each other. You guys are too much alike. Elizabeth Marie Cooper, you're going to go to the hospital and see him! You guys are soulmates." Stella exclaimed.

"Yeah, of course you would say that. Anyways, I'm not allowed to leave the house. It's Christmas Eve." I said giving a fake smile. Knowing Stella, she was coming up with a plan at this moment.

"I have an idea...but we'll have to get Archie in on it. Trust me, he can be very convincing." Stella nodded and picked up her phone. She started typing on her phone. She let out a giggle and shook her head. She went back to typing and sighed.

"Is there something going on between you and Archie?" I asked.

"What? No! No, it-it's nothing. I would never wanna date someone in your family. I wouldn't do that to you."

"Actually, I'd be ok with it." I said standing up. Stella looked at me and gave a weak smile.

"Betty, you're the best. But Archie has a thing for Veronica. Which is ok because...guess who got accepted to Yale University?" Stella widely smiled. I gasped and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back and was laughing. We started jumping around and squealing. Archie slammed the door wide open. Stella and I let go of each other and Archie sighed.

"I missed the show." Archie moaned.

"Actually, you're right on time. So here's the plan, Betty is going to sneak out of the window. You're going to make sure nobody comes upstairs. If someone goes into Betty's room, I'll quickly run the shower and pretend she's in there. It's a good plan. Now Betty, it's 9PM...you need to be back by midnight. Now go!" Stella cried out and started swatting her hands. Archie ran out of the room and I grabbed my jacket. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket along with some money. I ran to the drawers and opened them up. My secret stash of masks and gloves. I grabbed those out and put them in my pockets as well. I hugged Stella goodbye and went to the window.

"Wish me luck. Am I seriously supposed to jump down there?" I whispered.

"It's not that far. You'll be fine. Just go!" Stella whispered loudly. I jumped out the window and and landed on my butt in the grass. I looked up and Stella gave a thumbs up. I gave one back. I groaned in pain as I stood up and ran all the way to my car. This whole night never made me wanna breakup with someone again.