Soup And Bread

BETTY POV

I was going to take a night off from my investigation. I just needed to be with the one person that needs me. I stopped at Panera and broccoli-cheddar soup and bread. I got us teas as well. This was going to make up for running out on him earlier.

"Juggie?" I whispered as I gently opened his door. I saw Jughead laying in bed and playing on his phone. He looked up at me and sat up. He groaned when he did and I ran over to his side. "I got you something."

"Thank you, Betts. But back up." Jughead said. I took a couple steps away. He pulled the food out of his bag and he smiled at me. I held up mine too. I walked over to the couch and sat down. I pulled out my soup and started to eat it.

"Is it good?" I asked.

"Of course it's good. It's Panera." Jughead smiled. I laughed and looked up at me him. He was just staring at his bread and soup while eating it. He was eating really fast.

"Jughead-"

"Did they find the people that did this to me? How hard are they trying? No, I'm sorry, how easy is it for them to find the people? I swear, this thing is crazy. I wonder why they wanted to hurt me...or kill me. I haven't done anything to anyone." Jughead sighed. I needed to tell him. I can't leave him in the shadows about this.

"Jughead, I know who did this to you. I have a plan. I know this doesn't make any sense but-"

"You know who did this?! Why haven't you gone to the police?!" Jughead yelled. I shushed him. I got up and shut his door. I stood in the middle of the room.

"They're rich! They'll be able to get out of any charges. I know who the ringleader is though and I'm taking her down. I just need you to trust me, ok? I promise, these people are definitely going down." I nodded. Jughead still had a puzzled look. He then sat up a little bit more and shook his head.

"What if they come back for me? What if they try to hurt me again?" Jughead asked. I got closer to him.

"No, Jughead. This is about me, not you. You don't have to worry. As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you. Don't worry about sleeping with one eye open, ok? I'm taking of everything. I just need you to trust me." I said. Jughead closed his eyes for a minute and exhaled. He opened his eyes.

"I do trust you, Betty. I just want you to be safe. That's all I want."

"Don't worry. I'll be ok."