Soulmate

BETTY POV

I woke up in the morning. It was pretty early and a nice Saturday morning.  It seemed normal and quiet...but it was too quiet. I got up and walked out of my bedroom. I went downstairs and saw Mom, Polly, Aunt Mary, the twins, and Charles at the table.

"Hey, Charles. I didn't realize you were in town. What's going on?" I asked.

"Elizabeth, sit down." Mom said not making eye contact. I was in trouble. I had no clue what I did, but I was in trouble. I went over and sat down at the table and Polly took my hand.

"What's going on? You guys are scaring? Is everyone ok? Is it Archie? Is Stella ok? What about Jughead?" I felt my heart pound.

"Honey, Jughead had an accident-"

"What kind of accident? Is he ok? Is he dead? If he's dead, tell me now. Rip the bandage off now, Mom." I shut my eyes. I opened them and Mom was shaking her head.

"No, Elizabeth. He's not dead. According to your father, Jughead had gone into a coma. Apparently the nurses thought it was Pneumothorax but they were wrong. Something else went on and it basically made his lungs fall asleep or something like that. He's currently in a coma and there's only a 25% chance of Jughead waking up." Mom said. A cold chill ran down my spine. My stomach started to hurt and my heart pounded.

"Betty, are you ok? You look very pale all of a sudden." Aunt Mary said. I stood up and let go of Polly's hand.

"I have to go." I whispered. I ran out of the kitchen and upstairs. I went into my room and slammed the door behind me. I was gasping for air as that hard lump came in my throat. I then felt it. I ran into the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. After I finished puking, I sat on the bathroom floor and just started sobbing. I have been in a lot of pain. But this...this was pain. I stood up and walked out of my bathroom. I changed into clothes and out of my pajamas.  I didn't bother doing my makeup because I was probably going to cry when I got there.

I went downstairs and out the front door. I got to my car quickly and soon drove to the hospital. I parked my car in the parking lot and went into the hospital. Before going to Jughead's room, I went into the gift shop. I bought red roses and a card. I went into the elevator and pressed the button to the ICU. It took me up there and I quickly rushed to his room. I snuck passed all the doctors and nurses. I walked into his room and shut the door behind me. There Jughead was.

Jughead was really pale. His eyes were purple from being tired. There was a ventilator over his mouth. I watched Jughead's chest rise very high up and then down very low. There was an IV in his arm and there were other cards on his nightstand. I place my flowers and cart on the nightstand. I knelt by his bed and just started crying again.

"Juggie, please wake up. I'm sorry for every fight we've ever had. I love you so much. And if I'm being truly honest...I don't think I can live without you. So, wake up. If you truly love me, you'll wake up. Just stay strong and don't give up. You're a fighter, Jughead Jones. I believe in you. I'm your biggest fan. I know you can hear somewhere in there. Don't ever stop fighting. Never." I whispered and cried to him. The door opened to his room and my dad walked in.

"Betty, you can't be in here. You're not immediate family-"

"Dad, is my boyfriend going to die?" I cried and looked at him. Dad sighed and shrugged.

"You're an adult now, Betty. I'm going to tell you the truth. There's an even higher chance of him never waking up than him waking up. There's nothing I can do. Right now, it's all up to Jughead. If Jughead wants to wake up, then he'll wake up. Honey, why don't you go home?"

"I can't leave him-"

"Betty, I think his family would really appreciate it if you left. I want you to go home and rest, ok? I love you."

"I love you too, Dad. I love you so much, Jughead. Don't stop fighting." I said. I quickly hustled out of the room. I really wanted this to just be a nightmare.