Morning

JUGHEAD POV

I woke up that morning. I saw Betty putting her jacket on. Why was she leaving? It was only 9AM? Man, we couldn't even get breakfast?

"I thought it was Romeo who left every night, not Juliet?" I smirked. Betty looked over at me and gave a smile. She walked over to me and was at least 4-feet away.

"Veronica says it's an emergency. I have to go now. I'll definitely text you though."

"Betty, are you sure you should be driving in this wicked snow storm outside? I wouldn't want something to happen to you."

"Juggie, I'll be fine. I have to go." Betty said walking to the door.

"Wear your seatbelt! I love you!" I shouted.

"I love you, too!" Betty said without looking at me and left the room. The door slammed shut behind her and I sighed. We couldn't even get breakfast? It's fine, I understand. She has things going on and I had a fun time last night. I was an idiot for not telling her about my condition. She is my girlfriend after all. But what she doesn't know can't hurt her.

I got out of bed and stretched. I groaned and walked over to my med-cart. I picked up a lung pill bottle and put a few in my hand and put them in my mouth. I put the pills back and walked into the bathroom. I swallowed the pills with sink water. I wiped my mouth and walked out of my bathroom. I slammed myself back on to my bed. That was when I had finally learned that I needed to move out of the ICU and go into hospice.

"Jughead Jones. I believe I just saw my daughter run out of the hospital. I believe she stayed overnight." Doctor Cooper smiled as he came in with an IV stand. I gave a weak smile and sat up. He put gloves on and a mask. He walked over to me and put the IV stand next to my bed. He injected the IV into my wrist and then put and then tested my oxygen levels.

"How bad is it?" I asked.

"BPM is at a 54. Your oxygen levels are at a 73. Those stats are quite low...but it's going to be ok. Jughead, I'm really going to have to ask you to consider moving into hospice next month."

"Doctor Cooper, I really don't want a nurse watching over me every minute of my life. Not to mention, I don't want to watch my lung function go down a lot. I get that you guys are concerned for me but I'm ok. I'll move into hospice the last month of my life."

"Speaking of functions, Jughead, I think it's best if I tell you now. Your kidney functions have dropped tremendously. They went from a 90% function to a 63% function. If your kidneys keep going at this rate, you're gonna need a transplants. I think it's best if we put you on the list now." Doctor Cooper nodded. I gave nod back and he sighed. He walked away from me and then walked back over. He sat down on the couch and shook his head.

"Betty is my daughter. I have loved her all of her life. You've loved her for 8-months and you said that you wouldn't let anything happen to her. You've done a good job...until today. Never have I ever seen you be so careless with each other. Wearing gloves simple isn't enough. Masks, gloves, distance, and constantly cleaning up after yourself is what you need to do. I'm even more disappointed in the fact that you haven't told her yet."

"I know that I'm messing up. I'm trying to tell her but I don't know how." I whispered and didn't make eye contact with him.

"I get that it's hard. But either you tell her or I do. I'm giving you a day." Doctor Cooper said and got up. I shut my eyes and I heard the door slam. I opened my eyes and let out a deep groan. I hate Dibbisons.