Chapter 7: Memory Lane

Thank you to @alys2599 on TikTok for their part as Aizawa! Duetting her has been so much fun!!

********************************************

Aizawa POV

He watched through all 9 tapes, and finally, he got to the last tape.

The final 9th tape that was found in the recorder on the scene was...different. The recorder itself was slightly damaged, so the last tape was a bit glitchy, but the message came through loud and clear. She wanted to say goodbye to him, knowing that she was going to die.

So then why couldn't we find her body?

He leans his head back on his couch and takes a deep breath with his eyes closed.

Did she really...like me? I always thought she was just joking. It's in her name after all...

He picks up the tape recorder next to him and holds it gently, turning it over in his hands to look at the name written in marker on the base. After staring at the recorder in his hands for a few minuets he sets it down gently, and gets up and changes clothes.

I gotta get out for a bit. Get some air.

He goes into the bathroom to let his hair down, and looks down at a small object poking out of a drawer.

Out of curiosity, he opens the drawer, only to be met with surprise. He suddenly remembers something...

///////////memory///////////////////

"Well well well! look what the cat dragged in!" Emi laughed at her "clever" cat pun.

"Ugh, can it wait Joke? I need to get home."

"What, so you can spend your birthday alone again? I don't think so."

He turned to her in surprise.

"Wait, how did you know that?"

"Hizashi told me!"

"Ugh, of coarse he did."

He turned around to walk home.

"Wait! Eraser, I have a birthday present for you!"

He stopped on the sidewalk.

maybe if I take it, she'll leave me alone...

He turned around again to be met with her beaming smile, and a small blue box wrapped in a white bow.

"Happy Birthday, Eraser!!"

//////////////////////////

Aizawa can't believe he still has this. He pulls the blue box out of the drawer and opens it once again.

//////////////////

"A bracelet? What are you getting at, Joke?"

"Well," she says as she takes the blue and yellow beaded bracelet out of the box, "You don't smile very often. Don't think I haven't noticed that it's partially because you're erasing my quirk! That's why I try to make you laugh all on my own now! No quirks."

"So what's the bracelet for?"

"Hang on, Eraser! Geez, so impatient."

Aizawa scowls.