Chapter 37: Roommates?

Aizawa POV

"Alright, let's figure this out."

The teachers were in their usual meeting place, along with some teachers from Ketsubutsu. Aizawa was now able to leave the hospital, so he was also attending this meeting.

"So, she's woken up, which is a huge blessing," Vulca started, "but we were expecting her to come back either as herself or 'Madame Maniacal'. Now that we know she's lost her memory, what should we do?"

"Well, I believe for the time being, we should keep this a secret from the press a little while longer." Nezu said.

"Sorry, sir, but that's a lot easier said than done. They're very nosy, and as much as we implore the nurses not to tell any one she's there, it's bound to slip at some point."

"He's right," Midnight agreed, "The doctors say that after another day or two of vital sign checking and recuperation, she should be clear to leave if needed. I think she should stay with one of us." she offered.

"That might also help her regain some of her memories." Toshinori agreed.

That makes sense...

"But how do we choose who she stays with?" Aizawa asks. "She doesn't remember any of us. And while it might be helpful to her memory to stay with one of us, she might feel intimidated and uncomfortable living with a stranger to her."

The teachers considered this for a moment. He had a good point.

"In that case I suggest that for the time being Emi stays with Aizawa." Vulca said.

The others stared at her for a moment.

"Think about it. We want someone who she's somewhat comfortable with who she also knows as Ms.Joke. Aizawa is the only one fit with those criteria."

Aizawa hated to admit it, but it was the most logical solution.

Nezu spoke up "That sounds like a good idea, but it will all depend on whether or not Eraserhead agrees to-"

"I'll do it." Aizawa interrupts. "If it will help her get better faster, I'll let her stay with me. I know what happened to her, she feels comfortable with me, and I can help her get some of her memories back. It makes the most sense."

With that, they made some final arrangements and plans, such as how to transition her out of the hospital, etc. Ketsubutsu agreed to pay Aizawa for her meals while she was recovering, and Aizawa politely accepted. hey all left the meeting, feeling better now that they had a plan.

******************

"Ooh! This is your place? Fancy!" Emi chirped next to Aizawa in his car.

They managed to get Ms.Joke out of the hospital without being seen, which Aizawa was grateful for.

"No. We're at your place. We're going to pick up some of your clothes before we go back to my place." Aizawa clarified.

She hummed in response as he parked the car at her apartment.

Emi had given Nemuri an extra key to her apartment so they could hang out more, and she gave that key to Aizawa so they could get her clothes.

"C-can I come in too Shouta?" she asked.

I haven't heard her call me Shouta in such a long time. That's going to take some getting used to...

"Someone could see you. I'm not sure that's such a good id-"

"Pleeeeeaaaassseee?" she begged with puppy-dog eyes.

He looked at her face for a moment. "Ugh, fine."