Chapter 52: Aizawa's Nightmare

Aizawa POV

Aizawa opened his eyes to see something that made him nauseous.

In front of him was Emi, lying in the rubble of Shinjuku. There was a large cut on her forehead and she was bleeding a lot.

"Oh god. Joke!" He yelled, running over to her side. He inspected her head wound and saw even more blood than before.

"Shit! No no no no! Joke? Emi!" He said, kneeling next to her, begging for her to wake up.

He could feel a pulse, but it was very small. She needed medical attention. He went to move her, but he couldn't. Every time he tried to touch her, it seemed like there was something keeping him from her.

Then, he was startled when he looked up and saw her eyes open.

"You call yourself a hero? You couldn't even save me! And if you can't save me, can you save anyone?" She said with a cackle.

"No...I-I couldn't reach you! I know I wasn't there in time and it's my fault. I'm so sorry, Joke." He said pleadingly.

"Oh, please. You always did treat her as just that; a Joke. That's all she was to you so that's what you called her. If you did get there in time, you probably would've scolded her for getting into trouble!" She scowled.

"I...I know. I'm sorry-...Emi." He said, reaching to touch her bloody face. This time, however, he was able to touch her.

She smiled at him, then he felt an awful pain in his stomach. He coughed and looked down to find that she put a knife in his stomach. He started to bleed...a lot. He coughed up some blood and held her wrist with the knife and looked up at her. When he met her eyes he saw Madame Maniacal with wild eyes cackling loudly.

Then he woke up.

~~~~~~~~~~

He sat up immediately, almost sending Emi tumbling to the floor. As she started to fall, he grabbed her arm and turned mid-air so he was underneath her and he took the blow from the wood floor. He hit the ground with a grunt, clutching Emi so she wouldn't be hit.

Guess those Hero reaction times really are good for something, huh?

He groaned from the pain in his back and looked up to see Emi looking very disoriented.

"What the- where am...?" She looked down to see her hands on Aizawa's chest. He was rubbing his head underneath her.

"Sorry. You okay Jo-...Emi?" He asked.

She blushed. "Y-yeah I'm fine. You?" She asked, not moving from their position.

"Back kinda hurts, but I'm okay."

*click*

They looked over to see Nemuri with a camera looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Damn! I thought the flash was off!" She cursed herself.

Well, there goes my reputation.

Aizawa started to get up, leaving Emi struggling to keep up. In the process of trying to get off of each other, she ended up sliding into Aizawa's now sitting up lap, straddling his hips and facing him. Her hands were still on his chest and his were propped up behind him.

This time there was no click, but Nemuri was giggling behind her phone, so it was safe to say this moment was also captured.

Both of them turned scarlet and Emi shoved herself off of him, scrambling to get up. She stuttered something about needing to go to the bathroom and stumbled off.