Chapter 50: Girl Gossip

Emi POV

Nemuri decided that Emi and her needed to hang out again.

"How about you come over to my place! I'm sure Aizawa can live without you for one night!" Nemuri grinned into the phone.

"Oh come on, it's not like that!...Well actually.."

"'ACTUALLY' WHAT?! Emi what's going on?!" Nemuri practically screamed into the phone.

Emi laughed. "I'll tell you tonight. Order a pizza?"

"Sure thing! Have Aizawa drop you off at my place by 5:00 pm. Kay?" Nemuri said.

"Okay! See you then!" Emi smiled.

***************

"Make sure if anything happens you call me, okay?" Aizawa said from the drivers seat.

"Got it."

"You have your phone, right?"

"I promise! I have it right here!" Emi showed him.

They had no idea where Emi's original phone was, so they got her a temporary one for emergency's paid for by Ketsubutsu.

It was really sweet how much everyone was trying to help her. Ketsubutsu raised some money for "Heroes in need" as a front to help fund Emi's recovery. They weren't lying to the students, but Emi couldn't wait to thank them in person once she was fully recovered.

It was also very sweet to her how protective Aizawa was being. She could handle herself, and he knew it, but: "that doesn't mean I can't worry."

The tired teacher pulled into the driveway of Nemuri's apartment and parked. Then, as Emi was unbuckling her seatbelt, Aizawa turned towards her.

"Seriously. If you have another flashback, or you feel... whatever. Please call me, okay?" Aizawa said seriously.

She blushed at his sudden seriousness.

Seriously, I need to stop doing that.

"Okay, I promise, Shouta." She smiled.

Aizawa helped her carry her bag in (even though she insisted she could do it). Once they got up to her floor and got inside, Aizawa explained to Nemuri how she sometimes has flashbacks and her cheek injury, blah blah blah.

"Bye, Shouta! See you tomorrow! Don't miss me too much, kay?" Emi winked with a grin on her face.

Aizawa scowled to hide his blush and turned around, waving as he did so.

"Just don't have too much fun, Joke."

Once the door shut, Nemuri practically tackled Emi.

"Oh my god! Emi! AAAAAHHHHHH!!" She screamed.

"Nemuri, what's wrong with you? I'm not fully healed you know!" Emi laughed.

"Oh god- sorry!" She apologized, helping up her friend. "I'm just so excited! Did you see the look on his face when you winked at him?! Oh my god it was AMAZING!" She squealed.

"What look?" Emi asked, genuinely confused.

"Oh come ON! He blushed! Are you two a thing?!" She asked, as excitedly as a schoolgirl.

"What?! Oh, no! I-I'm not..." Emi stammered

"Emi, what were you going to say on the phone earlier? You said you two 'weren't like that' until you changed your mind! Come on, I've been dying of anticipation!" Nemuri said as the two Heroes went to sit on the couch.