Chapter 44: Exceptions

Aizawa POV

Wednesday came faster than he thought it would. Present Mic and All Might agreed to switch off taking his class on those days so he could stay home with Emi and help her recuperate. On Tuesday when he got home, Emi ran up to him like a puppy happy to see her boy home again, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Shouta, Shouta!" she said, a huge smile on her face.

"What?" he said, hanging up his coat.

"I looked up a video on how to clean my wounds so you wouldn't have to anymore, and as I was watching I remembered how to clean up my wounds! I even remember some times when I did.." she faltered for a moment. "But either way, not you don't have to worry about that anymore!" she smiled again.

"It was never any trouble, Joke," he said, "but I'm glad you're remembering things."

Wednesday mornings he slept in, because he didn't have anywhere to be. He was grateful for that, even if it meant for a time he'd be missing some of his classes.

He walked into the kitchen around 10:00 am to find Emi making eggs in the kitchen in her pajama pants. Her hair was wrapped up in a towel (he guessed she just took a shower) and he was wearing a shirt that said something on the front, but he didn't know what yet. It wasn't until she turned around to greet him that he saw the shirt said, "Winter Wonderland" in cursive letters.

"Good morning, sleepyhead! Ha! That should be your name instead of 'Eraserhead'!" she giggled to herself.

He walked towards the coffee machine, nodding his good morning when she stopped him. "I went ahead and made you some! It's fresh out of the pit and on the table!" she smiled sweetly.

"What did you do to it?" he asked.

"Huh? Nothing! I just heard you shuffling around in your room a minute ago and figured I'd go ahead and make you your coffee. You do take it black with one sugar right?" she said, looking hopeful that she was correct.

"...Yeah." he trailed off.

Is it a prank? pre- Shinjuku Joke would've, but this Joke...

He decided to go ahead and taste it with caution. He brought the coffee up to his dry lips carefully, as Emi watched hopefully.

It was perfect. Exactly the way he took it.

"It's...It's great....Thank you." he said.

Her eyes lit up like Christmas Trees and so did her smile. She looked so proud of herself.

"Sweet! You're welcome! I tried to remember how you made it in that machine, and there was one part where I thought I-"

"Joke." he interrupted.

"Hmm?"

"The eggs." he said, gesturing to the eggs with his mug.

"Crap!" she shouted, running over to the eggs, pouring them into the bowl she had set out. After living here for a week, she has learned her way around the house enough to generally know where things are.

She inspected the eggs hopefully, then turned around to face her roommate with a sheepish smile.

"Heh...How do you feel about very...very done eggs?"

**********************

They had finished getting ready and got on their coats. Aizawa wasn't sure it was such a good idea, but he decided to take her out for...brunch? It was later in the morning...