Chapter 15: I shouldn't have said "I love you"

Joke POV

Emi Fukukado awoke to see sunlight streaming through the hole on the wall.

Ouch. There's that headache I was worried about.

She sits up and tries to reorient herself.

Then the door busts open to reveal Twice.

"Wakey-wakey, Joke! Time to go in for another round of fun!!--I don't wanna.."

Thinking that it was best to plan an escape later than try now when she's not at her top strength.

She gets walked down the hall with Twice once again towards the "Dream room" as she has come to call it. She takes in her surrounding the whole way through the bar and into a back room. Making a mental note of where things were, she continues down the hall with Twice.

"Welcome back, Ms.Joke."

********************************************

Ah. So they're using Aizawa against me...why?

"Ah, asking the good questions once again. The answer to that, my dear Emi, is that he's the fastest way to your heart and your head."

"Only my friends can call me Emi! You can just f-"

"Ah-ah-ah, Ms.Joke. None of that. Lets' watch it again, shall we?"

Once again, the memory of Aizawa rejecting her brutally played on repeat until she was bawling on the ground.

"He not only said no, did he? He doesn't love himself, so how could he possibly love you? You! The annoying pest that never leaves him alone!"

"Stop it."

"The "Hero" who tells you a joke and expects to be taken seriously."

"StoP It."

"Why would he make room in his heart for you?"

He...he wouldn't. He's right. Why would he...

"That's it... He doesn't love you.  Hell, he doesn't even like you in general."

"Why did even think he might..."

The Smile Hero's eyes fill with tears threatening to cascade down her face.

"He would never... I'm not worth..."

"He's the reason you feel this way, Joke. That's what he called you, isn't it? Joke?"

The tears streamed down her face as she stared blankly at the memory playing on repeat again.

"What do you want me to say: 'I love you'?"

***********************************************************

More chapters coming soon. (Wrote this during a live-stream lol)

-Sarah