Chapter 9: Into the Lair

Joke POV

Where am I?

Did I die?

Am I in heaven?

She opened her eyes o find a bright light shining in her face.

"You should know, that this is no place for a Hero."

She squint in the light to find that thin figure again.

She tries to lean forward to get a better look at the speaker only to he held back. Ms.Joke looks down to see that she is wrapped in bandages and tied to the chair.

Oh, yeah, I was injured.

She realizes.

Wait; the others! Where are they? Are they okay?

More importantly at the moment... where am I?

Her vision finally adjusts and she sees a tall, thin man with a long black shirt on and blue, scruffy hair. And...a hand on his face? Why does that sound familiar...?

//////////memory//////////

"This is their leader: Tomura Shigaraki. His quirk allows him to disintegrate anything he touches, so be careful. If you see him, do NOT engage. Radio that you have found him and your location, and backup will arrive. I repeat, do NOT engage with him."

//////////////////////////////

Ah, crap. It's him.

"What was your name again? Miss.....Joke, was it?"

She remains silent, head throbbing in pain.

"It's rude to not respond when someone in power speaks to you, you know."

Silence.

He lunges forward and grabs her neck with four of his fingers.

Wait, he grabbed me. Why am I not dead?...Maybe Eraser-

"My quirk will activate when all five of my fingers touch your neck, so I would say something. But be careful with your wording, Joke. They may be your last." Shigaraki grins under his "mask".

"W..Why am I-" she pauses to cough, "why am I here?"

He takes his hand off of her throat and strolls towards the back of the room."Ah! She's a smart one; asking good questions. Isn't that right, Toga?"

There it is again. Another familiar sounding name. Another on the "do not engage list?"

A blonde schoolgirl wearing a uniform and a huge grin steps into the light!

"Yeah! She's sooooo cute, Tomura!! She was even cuter earlier! I wish you would've let her bleed a little while longer." She whines. The crazy chick (apparently named Toga) walked up to her and strokes the bandage on her arm. "I haven't even gotten to taste her blood yet..." she grins.

"That's enough, Toga."

"Ugh, fine. You're no fun!" She walks back towards the bar.

Oh, there's a bar!...and other people... crap.

"To put it simply, Ms.Joke," Shigaraki explained "we want you to join our League."

The smile hero scoffs "Like I'd ever-"

A flash of light and a gush of air passes her face as she turns to see Toga next to her again with a knife at her throat. "What did he say about rudeness?!"

"It's alright, Toga. She's not used to us yet. But she will be..."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Joke mutters.

************************

here's the video that goes with this part

*************************************

"You heard me earlier, didn't you?" The blue haired man said.

"See, you're talking but all I hear is bpppbpbpbpbttttbhhhbhhh!" She proceedes to laugh at her raspberry sound effect.

Another villain comes out, grabs her by the hair and and tugs her head back, forcing her chair to balance to the back two legs.

"You better watch it. You're being offered a great opportunity..."

The man's face looked like it had been through a wood chipper, and he tried to sew his own skin back on again.

Emi grins and spits in his face.

He tumbles back, and bright blue flames appear in his hands. "Oh, you're going to regret that you smiley faced-"

"Now, now Dabi. Calm down; you're jumping ahead."

Jumping ahead? What-

"Kurogiri."

"Who's-" she turns her head to be met with a man made of darkness enveloping her.

The lanky man spoke once more with a grin, "Maybe you'll change your tune to something a bit sweeter once you've calmed down and we can have a nice chat...."

*************************************************

I know this is a shorter chapter, but I'm going to be switching perspectives between her and Aizawa for a bit, so I figure it's better this way. I love seeing your responses by the way, so keep reacting in the comments! It makes my day!! :)

-Sarah