Chapter 29: Plans in Motion

(Duet with @alyss2599 on TikTok)

Aizawa POV:

"Everyone clear?" Eraserhead asks over the com-link with Midnight and Present Mic.

"Crystal." Midnight responds.

"All good on this end." Mic adds.

"Good. Then lets go."

Madame Maniacal POV:

The group was playing cards at a circular table near the bar out of boredom.

"Go fish!" Toga yelled.

"That's not even what we're playing, Toga." Dabi says in a bored tone.

I sure wish Eraserhead would hurry up and come back already. I know he's going to...

"And I believe this means I win- you all loose, hah!" Twice yelled laying down his final card.

The group groans as Twice takes the money from the middle once more.

"Seriously, is he cheating or something?" Toga asks.

Maniacal glances at Shigaraki lurking in the corner then looks away.

Wonder why he never joins. Just not his idea of fun I guess... He's too serious; he needs to lighten up!

"Do you guys hear something?" Toga asks, which catches Shigaraki's attention.

The group falls silent and glances around. Maniacal looks up in the rafters again, but doesn't see him.

Suddenly a loud "YEAH!" is screamed nearby, causing the building to shake.

"It's the pros!" Dabi yelled.

"Split up then regroup later. Move!" Shigaraki yelled, gesturing to Kurogiri.

"I can only transport this many people at once to nearby locations, so we better do this quickly!" Kurogiri says.

Five portals near the villains appeared, one for each.

"Now go!"

Madame Maniacal jumped in the one closest to her, wondering where she'd land.

The other end of the portal opened and she landed in the alleyway where she met Eraserhead last time.

"Ugh. That hurt..." she muttered, getting to her feet. "Now to find Era-"

She turned to the end of the alleyway to see the pro Hero Midnight staring at her, her mouth gaping.

The two past friends looked at each other for a moment...

"E...E-Emi? Is that... is that you?"

Madame Maniacal growled.

"Why doesn't anyone get that I'm not her anymore!" she yells in frustration, then runs at the Hero full speed.

Midnight was not prepared for this attack, and blocked a high kick at the last second. Midnight grabs the foot and tries to swing the bluenette into a nearby wall, but Madame Maniacal was too fast. Mid-air, the villainess used her abs to crunch towards her and latch her legs onto Midnight's neck, taking her to the ground.

Maniacal pins Midnight to the ground, and grabs a nearby bottle, raising it above her head.

"This was fun, but I've got to run. Ha! Rhyme." she grins as she begins to rush the bottle towards the Hero's dark hair.

"Maniacal!"

She turns her head, stopping the bottle to see none other than...

"Eraser! So good to see you again! At least you got the name right."

"Let her go, Maniacal." Aizawa warned, raising his scarf.

"Why would I need to do that?"

"Because you can have me instead."

Aizawa POV:

Come on, Joke. Take the bait...

Her eyes widened for a moment, then grinned.

"Now that's a deal I can get behind!"

"Only one condition."

"Ugh, there it is. What do you want, Eraser?" she groans.

"You have to catch me first."

Aizawa then takes off onto the room using his scarf as his way up.

He glances behind him to see the villainess already following him.

That's right. Keep following me...

He led her towards the designated capture spot a few blocks away, when she stopped. He jumped across a roof and noticed she stayed behind.

"I love a good game of cat and mouse, Eraser, especially with you.", she says across the roofs, "But who is the cat, and who is the mouse?"

Shit. Does she know this is a trap?

"That is up to you." he replies, trying to avoid that possibility.

"I know!" she chirps. "I love being the cat, but I wanna be the mouse now. Catch me if you can!!" she calls, then jumps off the roof.

Out of sheer panic, he runs to the edge of the roof and looks down. When he does, he sees Madame Maniacal's face waiting for him.

"Boop!" she says, booping his nose then flipping over him back onto the roof.

He turns around and sees her standing there behind him. She blows him a winking kiss with a 'Muah!" and runs off.

I can't let her get away again!

Eraserhead chases her over the rooftops, not paying attention to where they were running. She led him to the ground again and had him chasing her through alleyways.

Her laughter echoed through the dark stone walkway, causing Aizawa to shudder, but he pressed on. She rounded a corner and he sped up.

Maybe I can cut her off-

He rounded the corner to see the blue haired villainess waiting for him.

"Nighty Night, Eraser!" she beamed, then slammed a 2x4 into his head.

He dropped to the ground, vision blurry.

"e..E-emi..." he said, reaching out to her from the ground as he passed out.

*********************************

@BeckyYoung3 hope you liked the reference to your 2x4

Hope y'all are enjoying the story!! Thank you to @murderdollsqueen on TikTok for being Aizawa!!

-Sarah