Chapter 16: Reminder

Aizawa POV

He awoke to the sound of purring. It was nice for once in the last... what has it been?

Three weeks.

He turned his head towards his alarm and turned it off without moving much, as he suspected Sumairu was asleep on him. The tired teacher turned his head, and sure enough, there she was.

"Alright little miss. Time to move." he muttered to the sleeping kitten.

Sumairu didn't move; she only yawned, opened an eye to see him, then nuzzled right back into his chest.

"Me too, Sumairu. Me too." He chuckled as he scooted her onto a pile of blankets.

Luckily for him, he had been considering finally getting a cat before...

Before Shinjuku.

He was a big planner, so he already had most of the things a cat would need; such as a food and water bowl and a litter box.

Only problem is that I don't have any actual cat food yet...

He decided to take some tuna from the fridge and put it in the bowl for his new friend.

"Here you go, Sumairu." He said as he pet her.

He got dressed and ready for the day, and he was feeling a bit better.

Guess the cat is doing for me what Mic and Midnight hoped it would..

****************************************

He got to the school, still tired, but more of a normal-him type of tired. The Erasure Hero went through the day, but he had an objective today: to get cat food, toys and more litter.

During lunch break, he actually let Mic and Midnight sit with him. They seemed pleased that he didn't complain or scowl when they sat, so he let them stay.

"So I guess the kitten is working, huh?" Mic grinned, hoping he was correct.

"I guess. I need to go pick up some things for her later though.."

"I take it you've named her?" Midnight asked, genuinely curious.

"No." he quickly lied.

Don't want them getting any ideas about why I named her that....

"Oh. Well we can help you if you'd like!" Midnight added, happy to have something to talk about other than Aizawa's recent deteriorating health.

"That's okay. I'll figure it out." Aizawa replied.

The rest of the lunch break went well, and he left feeling a little better, he guessed.

Now time to get back to the problem children... he though as he walked back to his classroom for his second lesson.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, other than the occasional outburst from Bakugou.

On his walk home from UA, he stopped by the Convenience Store and got some cat food and litter.

Now for a few toys. She is a kitten after all..

As he walked down the small aisle of cat things, he found the toys and started browsing. He picked up a toy mouse on a string attached to a stick and some catnip, when something caught his eye. It was a small black cat bed with smiley faces printed all around it. He knew that Sumairu probably wouldn't use it (because she's a cat), but he felt the need to buy it anyway.

He got home and was greeted with a small kitten scratching at his pants, as if she was mad that he left her.

"Heh," he smiles "good to see you too, Sumairu."

That night, he broke his routine, and had a proper dinner with his little bundle of joy. Then, he decided to go to bed early.

Maybe a good nights sleep could do me some good.

Sumairu seemed to agree, as she tried to jump on the bed, but was too small and fell back down.

As amusing as it was to see her struggle to get on the bed, mewing at him the whole time, he eventually gave in and picked her up. Once she was on the bed, she jumped happily over to him.

"You want to play? Seriously?"

The ginger-tabby mewed in agreement.

"Ugh, fine."

Aizawa got up, and picked up the mouse toy, and brought it back to the bed. He dangled the toy just above her head, and shook it. Her eyes locked in the her new target, and she swished her tail, then leaped. She missed, but kept trying. Even when it seemed like he was taunting her, she kept trying.

"You're a persistent one, aren't you?" He chuckled.

"Eraser, wait up!"

"Come on, don't be mean!"

"PLEASE date me!"

He shook back to reality to see that Sumairu had gotten the mouse while he wasn't paying attention. The kitten chewed on her prize, then looked at her owner with concern.

*mew?*

"I...I-I'm fine, Sumairu. Just remembered something..."

**************************************************

Again, oof. Y'all better be getting the symbolism lol. XD.

Thanks for all the votes!!

-Sarah