Chapter 64: We made it

Aizawa POV

"Emi...no...EMI!" Aizawa sat up, immediately regretting it. There was an awful pain in his lower back going through to his stomach. He pulled up his shirt and lightly touched the newly forming scar just under his right set of ribs. The further scarred Hero laid back down and searched his surroundings.

He saw he was in another hospital room; much like the one from last time, but not quite the same. This time there were no flowers, no get well cards, nothing. It was mostly dark in the room, save a small light coming from the bathroom and the moonlight peeking through the blinds.

He sighed, looking at the analogue clock next to him on a small table that read 3:26 am. He wanted to go back to sleep but he couldn't. Then, several doctors came in, wheeling in another patient on a stretcher. They moved her onto the bed next to his and before they left, Aizawa called for one of them.

"Oh! You're awake? How are you feeling, Mr. Eraserhead?" The sweet older woman asked. She reminded him of recovery girl.

"Not great. Where's the woman I had with me? Is she okay?" he asked, using the bed buttons to lift himself up.

"Oh, her. Luckily we were able to find her wounds very quickly. The piece of glass in her stomach was stuck, but we had one of our doctors use his quirk to remove it safely. She's who we brought in just now." the older woman said, gesturing to the bed next to him.

"Thank you, Doctor."

"No problem! I will warn you, though. She woke up for a bit, soon after the surgery and she seemed to be having an anxiety attack, which is understandable considering what it appears she went through. If when she wakes up again that happens, ring for us immediately, alright?"

"...Oh course. Thank you." He said.

*************************

The following morning, Aizawa woke up to the door of the room opening.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Hizashi said with a worried smile, a few others in tow.

Aizawa grumbled and tried to roll over, only to be met with pain. He sighed and rolled back onto his back to be met with the worried expressions of his colleagues.

"Don't look at me like that; I'm not an invalid..." He said grumpily.

"Never said you were. But at this rate we need to put a tracker in you or something. We were worried!" Nemuri said.

"Sorry." The injured Hero muttered.

"Hey, Emi. Aizawa's awake!" Kayleigh said gently to the bed next to his.

He quickly looked over to see if she was okay. He saw her staring off into space with a dead expression, then she looked over and met his eyes. They didn't sparkle like they used to; they were stormy. Eraserhead gazed in concern.

"Hey." he said. But she didn't respond. She only blinked, then looked back at the spot she was looking at before.

"She's been like that ever since she woke up," Hizashi said worriedly. "We don't think her memory is gone again, but it's harder to tell because she won't say anything. Could you tell us what happened?"

"Well..." Aizawa said, debating on how much to tell them. Not all of it was too relevant, and he didn't want them to know..."

"Well, we had all agreed that it would be okay for Emi to be out as long as she was supervised and not out for too long, so I was out with her. We were at the carnival and then Emi and I were ambushed near the restrooms."