Chapter 34: Fallen Hero

WARNING!

Contains mentions of suicide. Read with caution. Thank you.

-Sarah

*********************

Aizawa POV

Falling.

Falling by choice.

Falling by choice because of him.

No, I refuse to let it end this way!

As his friend leaned back over the edge, starting to fall, he had tunnel vision.

He dashed forward at inhuman speeds and desperately reached out for her.

"JOKE!"

Everything was in slow motion as she fell towards her doom. He dashed to the edge of the roof and almost flung himself off. He reached out and her hand at the last moment.

His grip was slipping, and he knew in his condition he couldn't hold on for long. Tears formed in his eyes as he desperately gripped her wrist.

"Joke! Listen to me! It doesn't have to end this way! I promise I can and will help you!"

Her eyes were darting about in the overwhelming confusion of emotions. Still crying she tried to make Aizawa's grip slip.

"Let me go! Please. Shouta!"

"No! I'm not making that mistake again, Emi!"

In that moment, it was just the two of them. Just Shouta Aizawa and Emi Fukukado. He pulled with what little strength he had left and pulled her weak crying form back onto the roof.

He dragged her away from the edge and held her as she cried.

"I-I...I d-don't know *sniff* w-what's happening t-to me... Please help me." she whimpered, gazing up into his dark orbs.

"I will, Emi. I promise." He held her close for what seemed like forever.

"We should probably get out of here. Come on-" he looked down at her.

His eyes widened.

No.

Her eyes were closed and her breathing was shallow.

"Joke? Joke come on, this isn't funny. Wake up!" he begged, lightly shaking her, trying to get her to wake up. But she did not answer. She only wilted limply in his arms.

He checked her pulse frantically.

She's still alive. That's good, but I don't know what happened. All that stress on her body, emotions and quirk mus have thrown her into shock.

He lifter her into his tired, bruised arms and struggled back towards the door to the roof.

She needs medical help, and fast.

Vulca POV

Come on, Emi, don't do this to me. We've been friends for years, you can't do this to me.

The metal Hero fought ferociously to defend her fellow Heroes, making her metal pellets fly around he room, strategically knocking out villains left and right. She was a sight to behold in battle.

"Vulca! We need to find Eraserhead, and fast! He went off to find Emi, but he's in no condition to fight right now. As far as we know, she's still a villain. We need to move quickly!" Midnight called.

"Right!" she affirmed.

She ran down the hallway, following a path of unconscious victims. She ran towards the roof entrance door, and saw at the top of the stairs the door get kicked open to reveal Aizawa carrying Emi. Vulca ran up the stairs to meet him.

"What happened?!" she asked hurriedly.

"I'll tell you later. Right now she needs medical attention. Where are the ambulances?"

"They're just outside, but-"

He didn't wait for her answer and started running, clutching the sleeping hero in his arms protectively. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins.

"Eraserhead, wait up!" Vulca yelled, chasing after the Hero to make sure they both made it out okay.

What is he thinking? Why is he running so recklessly? That's not like him at all from what I've heard...

A villain ran out from behind a corner and tried to attack the Heroes, but Vulca grabbed him midair by molding metal in her pouch into a small panel knocking him out. Aizawa kept running as if nothing happened.

Eventually they got outside and he made a b-line for the ambulance. He ran over to the lady opening the doors to the ambulance.

"Quick, take her, now!" He barked.

The woman looked at the bloody Hero in fear as he put her on a gurney carefully.

He turned back around to meet Vulca's concerned stare.

"W-we need to go back and-"

"Not a chance, tough guy. You've been through hell and she's been through a lot worse. Neither of you are going anywhere!" she ordered, running back into the building.

He would have argued with her more, but he felt...really tired. The paramedics helped him over to a gurney next to Joke's and he looked at her sleeping face. As they were both loaded into a helicopter, he kept looking at her and drifted off into a deep sleep.

When the paramedics came to check on them once they were airborne, they saw that even in sleep, Eraserhead was clutching her hand for dear life in the gurney next to his.

****************************

They have her!!! WOOHOO!!! Now, what happened to her? You'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out!!

-Sarah