Chapter 41: Heroes

"This will be a one time thing, okay?" he said.

She nodded and laid  down. He laid down next to her and faced the other way as to not make  anyone uncomfortable. It didn't work, obviously; they were both a bit  embarrassed. Despite this, they both fell asleep in Aizawa's comfortable  fortress of "solitude".

******************

Emi POV

Emi slept peacefully the rest of the night, thankfully with no dreams. She did wake up feeling drained though.

She felt warm in the bed, so she didn't open her eyes; she just snuggled deeper into the covers. It's not like she had anywhere to be, right?

She eventually opened her eyes and was met with the night of a sleeping Aizawa....a few inches from her face.

He must have rolled over at some point.

Pink dusted her cheeks. She wanted to scoot back, but she couldn't bring herself to.

He looks so...peaceful.

She smiled softly at his sleeping face. He had quite the bedhead as well, and this made her quietly giggle to herself. She decided to stay there until he woke up, then pretend she had been asleep the whole time. Unfortunately, that moment came a lot sooner than she would have wanted.

He rustled around in the sheets when his alarm went off, and reached over to the table next to him and shut it off without opening his eyes. He rolled back over and snuggled back into the sheets. After a moment, he fluttered his eyes open and saw Emi a few inches from his face.

Wait, he wasn't supposed to open his eyes so quickly!

They made eye contact and screamed, both falling out of either end of the bed, sheets flying with them.

"Ouch." Emi said, as she sat up and rubbed her head. She peeked over her end of the bed. "Shouta? Are you okay?"

No response.

She carefully stood up and crawled onto the bed over to his side and peeked over. She saw him laying sprawled out on the floor, one arm covering his eyes.

"I can't believe I forgot you were here." he groaned.

Emi blushed at his deep morning voice, thankful he was covering his eyes. He shuffled into a sitting position and sighed. She sat back on the bed, "Sorry I scared you." she apologized.

"It's fine." he dismissed, getting up and grabbing some clothes.

Aizawa POV

Thank God she didn't see...

He quickly grabbed some clothes from his closet, using them to discretely cover his morning wood (I'm sorry) and went out to the bathroom, mumbling to her that he was going to take a shower.

He got into the shower, letting the hot water rush over his bed head. He wanted to stay home and sleep...alone. But unfortunately he had to teach class today. It was his first day back, and was bound to get a lot of questions. People came to visit him in the hospital, but at the time they didn't ask him many questions so they could let him rest.

He sighed at the thought of everyone wanting to talk to him.

I swear to God, if the media comes and interrupts my class....

He finished his shower and got dressed, drying off his hair. He heard fumbling in the kitchen and went to check it out. He walked out with his hair looking like a wreck, but he didn't care; he'd fix it later. He took his towel with him, using one arm to dry the water left over on the back of his neck. He walked into the kitchen to see Emi sitting on her knees on the counter, looking through his cupboards. He assumed she was looking for something to eat.