Chapter 39: A Talk

3rd Person POV

"Alright, now let's get to work." Aizawa said after he came back and sat down with his food after putting away the medical supplies.

"Get to work?" Emi asked, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

"Your memories. You know your name my name, Heroes and that you like Lemongrass tea. I'm going to say some things and see if you remember anything. Okay?" he asked as she ate her dinner.

She nodded in agreement. That doesn't seen too hard, right?

"Okay. How about some names to start. Nemuri?" he tried.

She shook her head. "Sorry, not ringing any bells."

He pulled out a notebook and crossed something off.

"How about Hizashi?" he tried again.

"Nope."

"How about we try something else. What is the last thing you remember before waking up?" he asked.

"It's all blurry." she said, scrunching her face in concentration. "I think I remember...colors."

"What colors?" Aizawa asked, slightly confused.

"Black...Orange..." she shuttered, "Red. Lots of red." she paused, taking a nervous sip of her lemongrass tea.

Aizawa motioned for her to continue.

"I remember...lots of yelling. But also laughing. Not the good kind, but a more...sinister and sadistic laugh." she shuttered again, looking down at what remained of her food.

Aizawa made eye-contact with her and reassured her. "That's good. It's a start."

She smiled softly at his encouragement.

After they finished eating, Aizawa stood up to start cleaning up dinner. He walked over to Emi and reached for her plate, when she stopped him.

"What are you doing?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You cooked dinner! It's only fair that I help you clean up." she replied, taking her plate over to the sink before he could argue.

She rolled up her sleeves and turned on the faucet, beginning to rinse the pans. Aizawa stayed in that spot looking at her in confusion. He watched from behind how she washed every pan with care, as if it were a living being. He blinked hard, then came over to help.

She was washing the dishes, and he was either putting them in his small dishwasher or drying it and putting it away accordingly. They cleaned in silence for a few minutes until Aizawa spoke up.

"You know, I never thought I'd be having dinner with you alone. Much less have you in my house helping me with dishes."

She looked up at him, smirking, "Well, then. It sounds to me like this is a dream come true for you then."

He laughed dryly, "In your dreams. I'm doing this as a favor, Joke."

"Oh, really?" she smiled mischievously, formulating a plan, "Well then how about I return the favor?"

He turned his face towards her, "What do you me-"

He was cut off my a wet rag smacking him in the face, followed by her howling laughter.

"S-Shouta! You should *wheeze* see your face right now!" she laughed.

With the rag still stuck to his face, he peeled it off looking very un-amused. However, that only made Emi laugh harder.