Chapter 17: The Plan

Joke's POV

The Smile Hero awoke in the same place she had for... she didn't even know how long.

Starting to get tired of this routine...

She sat up, and decided now was as good a time as any to plan her escape; while she had her thoughts together.

Okay. So just out of this door is a hallway that leads to the bar, and eventually the torture room. In the bar there was a door that seemed locked up pretty tight. It could be a way out, but it could also just be a storage closet that they don't want me getting into..

Or "Shiggi's" porn stash. she chuckled to herself.

Okay, Emi. Back on track. Your best chance to get out would be before the round of torture while they're taking you down there. But Shigaraki likely knows that, so if you do it then, you'll have to have a definite plan.

I don't think I can take too many more rounds of those memories and voices...

Why do they even need me? And if they "need" me, then why are they torturing me? Is this some sort of sick joke to them? Do they just "need" a plaything to torture in their spare time? But if that were the case, they would probably use for traditional forms of torture; like knives or electrocution and crap..

Just as she was finishing her plan, the door opened.

"Oh Joookkiiiieeee!!!" a sweet voice called.

She looked up in disgust at the blonde before her.

"Aw, don't make that face!! It's my turn to bring you down, won't that be fun! Just two girls walking together!" Toga squealed with excitement.

******************************
Emi was walked towards the torture room with Toga.

"You know, I like you, Toga."

Lie.

Toga perked up during her skipping

"Really?!"

"Oh, yeah!" Ms.Joke lied. "You're way more fun than any of those boys."

"Thank you!! I like hanging out with you too!"

"In fact," she continues, "You can call me Emi if you'd like. But only you."

Toga was elated. "Thank you, Emi! We're going to be such good friends!!"

It's working..

"Hey, now that we're friends, can I ask you something?"

"Anything, new bestie!!" the hematomaniac chirped.

"I really like walking with you. Is there I could walk with you more often than the boys?" Emi asked, praying she would say yes.

"Totally! I'll try to wiggle my way into the schedule more! Only for you, Emi!!"

This is good. I can connect with her more than the others....Did I really just say that?

Whatever. Now that I have her as my "friend", I can slip past her easier when she gets me from the cell.

They approached the torture room, and Toga gave her a hug.

"I don't want you to go in there. It's much easier to talk to you when your brain isn't fried!" she pouts.

What is with this girl?

"It's okay, Toga. We can talk more tomorrow. When I'm better!" She smiles.

"Yay! I can't wait!!" Toga hugs Ms.Joke again, and skips down the hall, waving to her as she turned the corner.

Dabi grabs her arm and puts her in the chair, then straps her in.

"At least you're not struggling this time. You're learning." he smirks.

God, I wanna smack that smirk offa him so bad. Lets see how you like it when that smirk turns into uncontrollable laughter that has you gasping for air...

Why did I say that?!?!

"Alright, Joke," Shigaraki says as he slinks into the light of the room. "Ready for another round?"

"I'll show you another round when I shove my foot up your crusty-"

Blue flames appear next to her face.

"I'd watch your tone if I were you.." Dabi spat.

"Tch. Just when I thought we were making some progress. Oh well," Shigaraki whines as he shoves the helmet on her head once more, "Guess we'll have to go longer this time."

********************************************
Oof. Somethings wrong with Emi? 🤔
-Sarah