Chapter 38: Thank you, Shouta

Emi POV

They arrived at Shouta's home and parked the car. The pair got out of the car, and walked inside once the door was unlocked. Emi began to explore the house, being sure not to be too nosy, Aizawa brought her things into a room down a hallway.

"Joke! Can you come here?" he called.

"Sure thing!"

She had gotten used to him calling her Joke rather than her real name, Emi. She wasn't sure why he wouldn't call her by her real name though.

"This will be your room," Aizawa explained, putting her luggage on a small bed, "My room is the one across from yours, and the bathroom is the room to the left of this one."

"Thank you, Shouta. For doing all this; for agreeing to let me stay here. I would've felt a bit uncomfortable staying with someone I don't know.." she thanked him bashfully.

"It's no problem." he said. "Why don't you go take a shower, and I'll start making some dinner."

"What? I don't smell that bad, do I?" she said jokingly, sniffing her shirt.

Aizawa rolled his eyes and walked out. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

She thanked him and walked over to her suitcase and absentmindedly grabbed the things she would need for a shower. She wandered int the bathroom and got into the shower.

I'm glad Shouta let me stay here. His place is so nice! He's very nice...

She rinsed out her hair after shampooing it and began to put in conditioner.

At least I remember what do do with these. She chuckled to herself, washing her body, letting the conditioner sit in her hair.

She began to hum a little tune that she couldn't quite place. She thought it was supposed to be a love song, but she wasn't sure. She finished rinsing out her hair, and turned off the shower. She grabbed the towel Aizawa had set out for her and began to dry herself off. As she reached for her clothes a pit formed in her stomach.

I left my clothes in the other room.

She began to formulate a plan in her mind. Okay, my room is right next to this one, so I'll just run over there really quickly and get changed. Easy-peezy.

She wrapped the grey towel around herself and cautiously opened the door.

Okay. One, two, three, GO!

She ran out of the room and into her room, shutting the door behind her.

"Whew. That would've been awkward." she sighed in relief.

She put on her undergarments and wrapped the towel back around herself because she was cold. As she reached for a pair of pants, he heard Aizawa down the hall.

"Hey, Joke. I'm sorry, I realized that after you startled me at your house while I was getting your...things- I forgot to grab you shirts. So I brought you one of mine, I'll leave it in your room and-" he opened the door to see her standing in his towel.

Aizawa POV

She looked like a deer caught in headlights as she turned to face him, holding the towel up. Her blue hair was wet and some of it was sticking to her lovely face. Her big blue eyes were wide and water was dripping a bit onto the floor, and it was kinda...

Stop right there, Shouta.

He stepped forwards just a bit, trying to look composed. "Sorry. Here you go." he said, looking away and tossing a black shirt onto the bed.