Chapter 27: Reunited

Aizawa POV

It was a pretty normal day for the pro Hero Eraserhead. He went to UA and taught his class, disciplined Bakugou a few times, went to lunch; the usual. Until his phone went off.

It was his lunch break, and he was in the middle of eating some soba, when it happened, so he carefully put his chopsticks down and checked his phone. His eyes widened and he shot up and stumbled out of the break-room, leaving the other teachers confused.

While fixing his capture weapon around his neck and adjusting his small utility belt he almost quite literally ran into All Might.

"Woah there, Aizawa! What has you in such a hurry?" the buff Hero asked.

"All Might listen. Something just came up and I have to go right now. If anyone asks where I am, I need you to cover for me. Got it?" He didn't wait for a response before he kept running, leaving All Might concerned for his friend.

What has happened to you, my friend?

********************************************

Aizawa arrived at the jewelry store in record time. He has gotten the message he had been waiting to receive for a few days now.

They've found her...

The darkly clad Hero swung on top of the building with his scarf and looked around for anything or anyone suspicious. As he looked around the back, he saw a van pulling away from the building and towards the main road.

Gotcha.

He followed the van several blocks by rooftop, being sure that he wasn't seen. He hadn't seen her yet, but he got the notification that the woman was here, so she must be in the van. Finally, the van pulled into a back alleyway, and he perched himself of a nearby building to observe. He watched a small group leave the van, including Dabi, Toga and Twice.

She isn't alone. I'll have to careful about this.

He wasn't too keen on the idea of taking all of those villains on by himself, so for the moment, he kept his distance. Then the woman that had haunted his thoughts for the last few weeks got out of the drivers seat. His eyes narrowed and he snuck in the building through nearby air-vent once the group had gone inside.

Once in the air-vent, he searched for a main room where they might have gone. Then he heard muffled voices...

"...Contact him. The sooner the better, so we can get all this heavy stuff out of our way, and get our cash."

Aizawa quietly opened the vent door, and climbed onto the rafters.

He then hung himself upside-down from the rafters and lowered himself a bit lower so he could hear them better. The boards creaked a bit, and he stopped himself from going any lower.

"Shut up."

He looked down to see the bluenette woman arguing with Dabi for a moment and a steadied his breathing.

She got the room to be quiet, and she looked around. Then, she looked up and saw him hanging down from the rafters like a spider, and she smirked.

Crap. I can't take all of them by myself on their own terf. Is calling for backup an option?

The question on his mind, however, never needed an answer, because it was answered for him by the woman in black and orange.

"Guess I was just paranoid. Sorry guys!" she played it off. "I'm kinda  beat after all that, so I'm gonna go hang by myself for a while, okay?"