Chapter 33: On the Roof

WARNING!!

The following chapter contains themes such as suicide and depression. Discretion is advised. Thank you.

-Sarah

************************************

Aizawa POV

Eraserhead ignored the shouts of his friends telling him he's in no condition to fight. While that may be true, that doesn't mean he can't still do something.

She's unstable right now. Her mental and emotional state are so screwed up right now that she's probably phasing in and out of the two personas. That and the immense strain that her quirk has undergone recently from all she's been through is probably giving her severe draw back...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My quirk is cool, but the draw back is the worst part..."

Aizawa looked at her sitting next to him on the roof of a building for patrol.

"And that is...?"

She looked shocked for a moment that he was engaging in conversation for once, then she continued.

"Well, for you your eyes just get dry. For me...." she looked down at the sandwich in her hand that she had packed for her as Aizawa took a bite out of his.

"....For me, when I overuse my quirk or use it repetitively for long periods of time....I suffer severe depression."

He looks up in shock. He didn't expect something so brutal.

He thought for a moment, then spoke up.

"If you ever need me to erase your quirk long enough for you to snap out of it, I can help, okay?"

Now it was once again her turned to be shocked at his genuine offer.

She smiled at him, then back down at her sandwich.

"Thanks. I'll keep it in mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She's been using it too repetitively. Through the attack on Shinjuku, defending herself, and her recklessness as Madame Maniacal, she's facing severe drawback alongside fighting herself. I need to get to her fast, before he does something stupid...

He rounded a corner and found Dabi almost knocked out on on the ground, curled into a fetal position laughing.

"P-p... HA! P-please. Eraserhead!" he begged. He obliged it used the blunt end of his impromptu staff to knock him out and calm him down. Aizawa had no idea where Shigaraki was, but right now, he didn't care. He continued down the path of fallen, laughing random thugs the League brought with them along with some Heroes clutching their sides.

Follow the path...

He eventually ran to the top of the roof where all was quiet, save a few distant sirens. He saw her with her back towards him, standing at the edge of the roof.

"It's quiet here, you know..." she muttered.

"Joke..." he said cautiously, walking towards her.

She turned around, tears falling down her face like a waterfall.

"Stay back, Eraser. I don't deserve to be saved.." she cried.

"Yes you do." Aizawa said, "It doesn't need to be this way. Just come with me. We can make it better-"

"NO!!" she screamed, "I can't be saved. You say everyone deserves a second chance, but I don't. I can't control it, Aizawa! I'm...I-I'm in so much pain... I'm tired of fighting! Tired of the depression! I can't do it anymore!"

She can't even stay in one persona for too long... I need to act fast.

He walked closer, now only a few feet away from her.

"Emi, I know this looks bad for you. But there are so many friends downstairs who love you and are ready to help you."

"What about friends up here huh?!" she screamed, gesturing to the rooftop. "What about anyone who cares about me up here?"

"I do care. I promise I do. I'm just... I've never been very good at conveying my emotions. But please trust me when I say that I care. We can make this all better, okay?" he said, offering his hand once more. "I know you came back more earlier. Please...come back for good."

She gazed into his eyes, then down at his hand. It was too much. Too much... She couldn't take it anymore...

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and leaned back over the edge of the roof.

"Good-bye, Shouta."

*************************

Midnight POV

"Come on, everyone. Eraserhead needs our help!" she exclaimed as Vulca molded the metal from the portals (which were now closed) forming them into a bond for the captured villains.

She, Vulca and some other Heroes raced down the pathway to find a pile of Heroes and Villains scattered about, lowly giggling. They seemed to be coming to, but they were all still disoriented.

Emi's power mostly only works when someone responds so something she says. She couldn't have talked to all these people. She's unstable. Right now, she can't control the range of her quirk as well as normal. Come one Eraserhead, where are you?

********************************

Sorry for the cliff-hanger, but I figure it will make for a better story lineup. Also, thanks again to  @yoshi._.cos for letting me use her oc Vulca!

-Sarah