Chapter 56: Visions

Hey! Decided to leave y'all on a cliff hanger, so here's one more chapter before the short hiatus to gather some ends together.

⚠️WARNING⚠️

The following chapter contains suicidal thoughts. If you or someone you know is experiencing things like this, please contact the suicide hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Protect and take care of yourselves. You are loved, and there are people that will talk to you.

-Sarah

*******************************************

Emi POV

Midnight drove Emi back at his house after the meeting so Shouta didn't have to walk all the way there and back again. Emi got out of Nemuri's car, thanked her for the ride, and unlocked the front door using the spare key Aizawa got for her. She walked inside and was met with silence.

It's a bit unnerving... and lonely.

She set her bag down and went over to Aizawa's laptop. He had created another login for her so she could catch up on current events when he wasn't there so she had something to do.

"Emi..."

Startled, the amnesiac looked up and scanned her surroundings, but no one was there. She slowly brought her eyes back to the laptop and logged into a social media she found she had an account to. She saw post after post of people saying "RIP Emi Fukukado" and "We'll miss you, Ms.Joke!" and "The smile hero changed my life when she saved it.". She felt so sad that she couldn't tell them she was okay.

All the more reason to take down the League of Villains as soon as possible. Then they can know I'm alive.

She sat around for a bit more, then sighed; already bored. She found little meaningless things to do for several hours, feeling rather depressed and alone.

"I wish I had someone to practice my quirk on..." she sighed aloud.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" a voice said.

Emi whirled her head to the side where she heard the voice to to see Madame Maniacal standing in the hallway, leaning against the corner.

"I mean, honestly. The last time you really used it, it nearly killed everyone in the building of people that were trying to 'save you'."

"Oh great. Now I'm hallucinating. I thought I was supposed to be getting better." Emi growled at herself.

"You know Aizawa still needs retribution." The villain snarled.

Emi smirked warily. "You called him 'Aizawa'. Not 'Eraserhead' like you're 'supposed to'. I think you're beginning to realize that he didn't mean to hurt us."

"Oh, please. You can dream all you like that he cares about you now, but the second you mess up like before again, he'll show his true colors. He'll dump you out on the spot." She said, raising her arms, causing a vision to form in Emi's mind.

Emi awoke from the terrifying vision with tears in her eyes, to see that her evil reflection was still there, mocking her while sitting across from her on the coffee table.