Chapter 65: You Matter to me

3rd person POV

Aizawa opened the door for Emi and they walked back into the home they had been sharing for almost a month and a half. The doctors were able to use their various quirks to seal and heal their wounds enough that they would be fine if they did normal things; as long as they didn't fight again for a while. They walked in and Sumairu mewled happily at their return. Aizawa pet her and noticed there was a note near her food bowl that read:

~~~~

Hey, dude! Took care of your friend here while you were out. Don't sweat it!

-Hizashi

~~~~

Aizawa smiled gratefully at the consideration of his friend. He then turned around to see Emi still standing in the doorway.

"I'll get us some dinner ready if you want to clean up a bit. I'll just use the shower later." Aizawa suggested. She nodded and wandered over to the hallway.

She hasn't said a word since she woke up; not even on the car ride here...What do I do? I don't want to push her, but...

He couldn't find them anything in his small fridge, so he ordered some ramen to be delivered. Aizawa decided some music might lighten the mood, so he turned on a radio station softly in the background.

Emi took a long shower, probably to soothe herself, and the food was there by the time she had gotten out and dried her hair. She trudged back into the room and sat down at the table, cuddled in her yellow hoodie. They ate in uncomfortable silence. Aizawa wanted to say something, but wanted to read her a bit more before deciding what to say. Once they were done, Aizawa threw away the plastic bowls and silverware.

Finally, he settled on something to say. "Do you need anything?" Aizawa asked the woman sitting at his kitchen table.

She didn't answer, so he tried something else. "Are you okay?"

"...Why?" she finally muttered.

"What?" he asked, not sure if he heard her correctly.

"I said WHY?!" she screamed, standing up abruptly. The force knocked over the chair and left Aizawa in shock. "Why are you helping me?" she cried. He couldn't say anything; he was too stunned, so she continued.

"You know what I've done, you know how broken I am, you know I will probably never be the same again, so why? It's not like you liked me in the first place, so why help me get back to normal?" she yelled. When he didn't answer, she whirled around and sprinted towards her room. Aizawa chased after her.

"Emi, wait!" he shouted as the door slammed in his face and locking behind her. He tried yanking the door open, but to no avail. "Emi, please just talk to me. I'm sorry I didn't speak up right away, I'm just shocked."

He sat down and leaned against the door, knowing that she was doing the same. The only thing that could be heard was her quiet crying on the other side of the door.

"I just want to help everyone and make up for the mess I made! I didn't ask for it to be this way...I never asked to be captured, I never asked for this dangerous power that I can no longer control, and I didn't ask to fall in love with you, and here we are!" she yelled from her side.

"Emi, please open the door..." he begged.

"You saw what happened to me back there. You know what I'm capable of. This power...I don't know how to control this quirk anymore..." she said, trailing off at the end.