Chapter One: New Starts to an Old Life

"Logan! Come on we are going to be late to orientation!" Beckett yelled up the stairs at me.

Beckett yelled upstairs as I finished getting ready. I was wearing much to my displeasure a dress and a flannel. Dad pointed at me as Mom switched out my flannel for a leather jacket.

"Be good Logan!" Dad yelled at me pointing the tip of his beer at me.

"Yeah do good little one!" Jack said while Alex walked Beckett and I out.

"No sex you two!" Alex yelled from the door while I flipped him off.

Beckett being a complete gentleman still opened my door for me. I smiled and bowed before climbing in. I let out a giggle as Beck ran over and started the car. He looked at the time before speeding off. I had recently got my driver's license but Beckett claimed it was his job to drive us around. I rolled my eyes at this comment so many times.

"You excited?" Beckett asked before grabbing my hand.

"Of course daddy its school orientation and mommy gets to come!" Kolbi cheered from the backseat as I giggled.

Life is so fucking crazy in that way. Kolbi Jude sat there facing us for the first time. Beckett had flipped her car seat around finally as Tyler helped him install a new car seat. All the guys watched in horror of what being a dad was like. Little did they know they have been doing it for about 2 years for Ryleigh and about a year for me.

Ryleigh had just completed high school, being at the top of her class. We all went and cheered for her embarrassing the hell out of her. She was so mortified at us but we had some good memories that day. Dad let me drink with Alex who was a complete big brother and didn't let me. Zack and Ryleigh made it official to everyone which we all knew so I mean was it really an announcement. The guys all cheered while hosting Ryleigh upon their shoulders or above their heads. Ryleigh and I took our typical sister like pictures making people question if we were secretly lesbian or some shit. Ryleigh had gotten into producing with Rian. While still being a lyric genius with Alex.

Tyler and Jenna had their baby a little girl named Hope. It was a very fitting name for the little girl. She is absolutely beautiful. I can't help but feel guilty for the decision I made all those nights ago knowing that around this time I would have my own baby if it were even viable.

Beckett pulled up to the school where his daughter Kolbi went. It was a new school year and it was an orientation for the new school kid. Kolbi had gone with Katrina one night while Beckett and I were touring apartment buildings. While my dad told me it would totally be acceptable for me to stay with him and mom for as long as I wanted, it was not the most ideal. Dad said he'd help us with a down payment on a house but both Beckett and I were noncommittal. It as going to be hard on everyone if this didn't work out for us later in life. Jack and Alex had become pretty much my best friends offering me advice. Though this new chapter of my life.

Beckett ushered to open both Kolbi's and my door. I unbuckled myself while Beckett helped Kolbi. Kolbi was going through a bit of a rebellious phase. Beckett accounts it to him going back to school. Aka he applied and got in without a problem for business. I had applied for music and was denied or waitlisted. Dad told me not to care but it hurt, and I knew why I had been waitlisted.

Kolbi grabbed my hand in her own small hand. I swung her hand back and forth before running up to the doors of the school. Beckett walked calmly behind us as we opened the door to the school. We had to stop at the office and walk through a metal detector and leave our stuff down at the office. Beckett took off his watch as I walked through holding my necklace close to my chest. Alex had given me it on my 20th birthday telling me what it meant for him and I told him what it meant to me.

Beckett grabbed Kolbi's other hand and walked to her classroom. Kolbi showed us her seat excitedly and Kolbi has taken after her newly appointed godparent Rian and was drumming on her desk. Her hair had grown a little bit more and as now almost to her stomach. I was jealous of her hair. Kolbi was still the crazy little girl with no boundaries or stranger danger fear factor. Jack had informed us he never had it as a kid either. Zack on the other hand still had this factor. It as sort of funny to watch all the guys.

"You must be Mr. and Mrs. Harrington!" The teacher exclaimed while I shook my head no.

"No I am Mr. Harrington but you can call me Beckett. This is my girlfriend Logan Urie." Beckett introduced me as I put my hand for her to shake.

"Well doesn't Logan tend to be a male name? I have to then ask if you are transitioning from male to female." The teacher asked.

I looked over at Beckett as he shook his head.

"That is a fairly inappropriate question to ask, I also am here in regards to-" Beckett continued on with the teacher while I felt my phone go off in my pocket.

I grabbed it out of my pocket to see that it was Alex calling. I rolled my eyes as I decline the call. Alex called about 10 more times. It felt as though as soon I turned around though my word was crashing down to the ground. Kolbi took my hand introducing me to her assistant teacher.

He gave me a bright smile from ear to ear. I knew those eyes anywhere though. I couldn't help but feel betrayed by the world. He put his hand out for me smiling brightly.

"Hi, Kolbi! You must be Kolbi's mom!" The man said and I looked at him bewildered.

I backed away running into a desk as Beckett's eyes caught mine. I quickly took the badge I had on holding it in both my hands as grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I went over kissing Beckett's cheek before rushing out of the kindergarten classroom and down the hall to call Alex.

"Logan, thank god you finally answered I was just told-"

"'Lex did you know Tobias was alive?" I said as I felt the air start to constrict in my lungs.