Chapter Thirty-Eight: Mayday!

I was let out a few days after the accident. I, of course, was not allowed to drive or do anything myself as my neck hurt and the hospital was afraid I may have hurt my neck. I passed all the tests so they saw no reason to keep me. I was staying with my parents while Jack was over often. Jack had stayed quite a few nights just to be kicked out of my room during the night but sometime in the early morning we would find each other and cuddle together. Tonight was one of those nights but Ryleigh was over.

"So what are we doing for our monthly girls night plus now Jack," Ryleigh said slapping Jack's face lightly.

"I don't know. I mean I am pretty useless," I shrugged and felt a jolt in my shoulder.

I was in a splint because I had dislocated my shoulder sometime in the accident and had relocated it myself so until my shoulder resettled, as a result, I was one-handed. Luckily it was not my dominant hand so I could still everything myself. Dressing was hard but Jack took great pleasure in watching me struggle before coming over to assist me.

All of us had been working out together one day when I wore a pair of Nike Pro shorts, a pair of sweats over them along with a sports bra and random shirt. Everyone decided to get in shape before the tour kicked off again. I was pretty useless and couldn't assist in any of the heavy lifting or anything. Zack ran everyone until I thought Alex was going to kill him. I had to step in between him and scream at the top of my lungs which made everyone stop as Alex put a hand over my mouth and I licked his hand. Everyone found it funny because I could do leg workouts and eventually I wanted to take off my sweats. Ryleigh asked if I wanted help then Jack. I being my personally extra hard-headed self said no and everyone backed off as I figured out how to strip off my sweats laughing at me. I finally groaned and decided to pull them back on over my shorts and walked out of the gym as Ryleigh followed me. Ryleigh helped me strip the sweats off over my feet while everyone made comments about me as I glared. It was pretty funny though looking back at yesterday.

"You are not useless you make everyone laugh with your hard-headed attitude. I say we work out again but only if you wear them sweats and shorts again," Jack said being a complete male.

I rolled my eyes and rolled myself off the sofa doing a backflip. Aka I was sitting on the sofa wrong and let my feet throw my body over. I from there had trouble getting up at first as the world spun around me from the sudden motion. I got grasps of the room and then stood getting a look for my boyfriend and best friend.

"I don't believe them when they said the only thing wrong with you is your shoulder," Ryleigh murmured as I poked my tongue out at her.

"What y'all want to drink?" I asked and went into the kitchen.

I passed the piano and looked at the keys and then my hand. I placed my dominate hand in C position and began to press the keys but couldn't press them fast enough to play for both hands. I then kicked the bench swearing as Mom rushed over to see what was wrong.

"Stubbed my toe on the bench. I'm fine," I said and brought the top back down over the keys.

I grabbed three water bottles and stuffed one into my sling before carrying the waters back to Jack and Ryleigh. They were sitting there speaking in hushed tones as I entered and coughed separating the two of them. I threw water at Ryleigh who caught it while I slid the other two out from my sling and messed with the strap that was hurting my neck.

"I am almost positive that is not how you are supposed to use that," Ryleigh snickered and let out a little laugh as I looked at her.

"You try being crippled for a month. Shit, I am not going to be eligible to go on tour. Dad took away my passes and- shit what am I going to do about college. Fuck," I put my hand up to my face and rolled myself in a ball.